Weird Gastro Symptoms, Could this be IBS? Would like some advice!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello, I am a 25 year old female.

Some background on me. I have a long history with GERD, constipation, etc. I take esomeprazole 40mg daily to keep heartburn at bay... works great. This year has probably been the MOST stressful year of my life. My job is incredibly stressful, I recently moved to a new town by myself, and my mom had quite a year with her own health issues that made me really upset for a good 5 months. So it's been a hard year for me and I suffer from generalized anxiety + OCD as it is. Any way I would love some advice/reassurance about some gastro issues I have been experiencing.

About two months ago I developed this feeling of fullness behind my left rib cage. Came and went and was so mild that I didn't even pay attention to it. Thought it was my spleen but that came back fine. However, over the last month that feeling turned more into "pain." I'd actually say more discomfort than pain as is never severe at all. Super mild and comes and goes throughout the day. I have it occasionally on my right side too now. Been having some cramping in my lower abdomen too. The discomfort is all over and changes a lot. Once in a while I'll have a twinge in my mid back. It's weird sometimes it feels like trapped gas, cramps, other times pulling, it's always changing! I have been very gassy lately too. Belching a lot and it feels like there are bubbles in my stomach and large intestine. Sometimes my stomach feels starving even after I have eaten. I have a great appetite through all this. Only time it's affected is when I am anxious over symptoms. I eat everything I haven't tried a specific diet yet to see how it makes me feel. I am also pretty constipated on the regular. My bowel movements take a bit of time to come out and usually are dark brown with mucus. But they are normal size (not thin or soft) My discomfort actually feels like it has gotten better this week but it's still there everyday to some degree. I had an upper endoscopy in Feb. that found mild chronic gastritis but would think the Nexium fixed this? I have been reading the internet a lot and have come across some scary things that this could be. If you have health anxiety you know what I am talking about!! Anyway, anyone else experiencing anything like this? Over these couple months I have had X-Ray, lots of blood work, CT scan, full abdominal ultrasound. Everything has come back normal. I have an appt. with my gastro on Friday to discuss symptoms but thought I'd leave a comment here in the meantime just to not feel so anxious about what is going on. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks!

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello Alexis,

Hope you are doing better, I have also been experiencing weirdest symptoms like you and trying to find out my own diagnose 😕

just like you I also have mid back twince between my shoulder blades on my back sometimes it feels like a numb feeling a bit hard to describe...with extreme breathing difficulties:/ I am just here for emotional support as I have also anxiety and extremely sensitive person I know health concerns can trigger anxiety a lot 😦 All I can say is just try to relax and dont make yourself extra stressed! hope you will find the solution soon ☺

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.