Weird groin/pelvic/testicular discomfort for a while... why?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I am 30-year old male. Months ago, I started feeling discomfort when masturbating like my testicles were trying to go up in my pelvis/groin. I would hold my hand on my groin to try and prevent this from happening and while a little uncomfortable, I was able to climax. The discomfort or strange sensation would last for a few minutes after and then be fine.

One night after masturbating, I was getting ready for bed and this full but dull ache was radiating from my groin on both sides and I was feeling it and applying a bit of pressure. All of a sudden, I became lightheaded, loss partial motor function of my body. I fell to the ground, began to sweat excessively, and my heartbeat was very fast. This lasted for a few minutes and I was able to get up and move around. It happened one more time after applying light pressure to my pelvis/groin area. 

Like an idiot, I didn’t go to the doctor until the next morning. My doctor suspected a hernia and sent me for a CT scan. The scan came back and the only thing that stood out was a distended colon. I was given color and flagyl for treatment. During this time, I also had a mucusy cough and congestion. After 6 days, I returned to my doctor because I wasn’t feeling much better. Her only idea was to admit me to the hospital. 

At the hospital, another CT scan was done and blood was taken multiple times. There were no abnormalities shown in my blood results and negative for diseases including HIV. I was out on IV antibiotics and fluids and the treatment was geared towards resolving the colitis. I was finally released and given Augmentin to take for 5 days. My doctor also asked that I do a renal ultrasound as my kidneys seemed distended as well. Just did it and nothing appeared abnormal. 

My groin and pelvic discomfort is still occurring so my doctor is about to have me do an ultrasound of the testicles. 

It feels like there are veins displaced in my groin where my leg meets my pelvis. Sometimes it is on one side and other times it is on both. Usually not at the same time but occasionally. This discomfort is also causing a peculiar sensation down in my Testicles (at the moment, the right one). It is uncomfortable to walk normally. I think I look a little like Yosemite Sam sometimes as well as when sitting in certain positions. It feels like my testicles are rising but when I check, they are relaxed. I am uncircumcised and feel uncomfortable pulling back my foreskin. I haven’t masturbated since my lightheaded and paralysis like event. Sometimes I look at my testicles and one, mostly the right, looks larger or like it is laying at an odd angle. 

This is affecting my quality of life. I don’t like urinating or having a bowel movement because of additional discomfort it might cause the pelvic area and my testicles. 

I have looked online and have seen a plethora of possible causes but just don’t know what to do. There are periods where it is less uncomfortable but it seems random. I can usually achieve more comfort sitting than walking. 

What could this be and what can I ask my doctor to possibly consider? I feel like my doctor is a bit out of her depth and I don’t know how to manage it. I don’t know if all of the symptoms I described are necessarily related but thought it good measure to include them. 

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Has your doc excluded pelvic DVT? Rather rare but would give you similar discomfort symptoms. Are you on anticoagulants? And have they looked at your clotting time(s). This would seem unlikely, but you could do with having some syndromes specifically excluded rather than what seems to be no clear diagnosis at the moment. 

Good luck

Big D

• Posted

Thanks for the reply! I don’t believe my doctor has checked for clots and I am not on anticoagulants. 

I also just recalled that I recently went to the bathroom and found a circular white powdery looking substances in my underwear and when I get blood drawn in my arm, after I feel a throbbing for a few hours. Don’t know if this provides anymore assistance. 

• Posted

Hi J, Urinating and passing stool we have to do, the only way to stop would be to give up eating and drinking do that you die, that you don't want.

AS its in these two places that gives you discomfort, it here your trail starts for doctors to be starting at for tests, perhaps you should talk to your doctor about these 2 problem places.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.