Weird gurgling noise coming from my tummy since I've had my band fitted, is this normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've just ate my very first liquid soup and I've noticed I've getting some really weird gurgling noise coming from my tummy area???? Is this something I should be concerned about? X

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am having a similar feeling but more in my chest, when I eat or drink, I had bypass on 9 December, it's not painful just wondering if this is normal too! X
    • Posted

Yeh mine is my upper tummy around my lower rib cage.... Im thinking it may just be restriction x
  • Posted

Yes quite normal - think if you drink the soup slower (wait 20 seconds between sips spoonfuls its not as bad) x]
  • Posted

I have have my band for 3 years now and still get the gurrling sound, it is when you eat/drink too fast or take big sips or large mouthfuls without chewing properly sort of like a pipe that has an air block smile as someone previously said, drink slowly and take small sips in the early days
    • Posted

Thank you 😊. 3 years that's amazing!!! How much weight have u lost? And how long did it take to reach ur goal weight? X
  • Posted

First year I dropped a fair amount from 135kg's to about 110kgs (about 3 stone) and second year was slightly slower though I must add, I have not done any excercise and still eat the odd chocolates and crisps. At the end of my 3rd year I have reached my goal of 85kgs (I am 1.75m tall) and very pleased.  People I have kept in touch with that had the band at the same time as me, some have loast more and in a shorter period of time as they go to gym or cycle 4 - 5 times a week and are very active. I just wanted to get down to a 16 from 24 and would be happy to buy clothes in any shop and am very proud to say with very little effort I am now a size 14 smile good luck to you and am sure you will enjoy every moment.
    • Posted

Congratulations Bandy!!! That's so good! Im a size 24 and would love to be a size 14... It must feel amazing. Im not going to deprive myself when it comes to food ill have the odd treat but I will definitely be hitting the gym once I've healed 😊 x
    • Posted

good luck smile and start saving for the change in clothing size... it happens quick when the sizes start to drop but a good feeling
    • Posted

Im so excited to start clothes shopping and go swimming without feeling like everyone will be looking at me lol x
  • Posted

I started off a size 18/20 and have lost almost 2 stone (banded 20th Nov 2014) and am now a size 16 - and some (depending on make) are starting to become loose!  Ive booked a holiday for July/August and cant wait to see what I will be by then.  I wont be buying summer clothes till closer to the time - but i do have a loft full of clothes i put away each time i put weight on which i will hopefully be able to make use of!!
    • Posted

That's really good too!!! I can't wait until the summer 😊!! How do you find eating with the band? Is there certain things you can't eat? X
    • Posted

i can still eat everything at the moment, but am writing everything down I eat to try and keep me on track - trying to keep under 1200 calories a day x 2nd fill is beginning of March cant wait!
    • Posted

I cant eat: Bread, pasta at times, rice, chips and sometimes find I struggle with chicken (bizaarly) lamb & steak. Besides that I can eat most things but dont forget to chew, chew, chew and take your time between mouthfulls. Im so used to cold food now lol it takes me about 20 min to finish my dinner.
  • Posted

I can't wait to get at the same stage as you guys!!! The only down side is that I love chicken 😧 nothing a bit of gravy or a low fat sauce won't sort... I hope lol!!!

This liquid post op diet is now driving me insane x

• Posted

it wont be long before you are there smile I didnt go the whole 2 weeks, I got too hungry, so I started sooner on the thicker soups and baby food. I liquidised a cooked dinner I made for the family and ate that as my soft pureed foods smile then it was heaven when I started soft foods, like cottage pie mmmm can still remember, I was worried as I managed to eat quite a big portion and thought something was up but after 2nd fill reality hit that those big portions were history lol

As for chicken, you may be able to eat it with no problems as everyone is different and some can eat chicken and some cant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.