Weird head feelings

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys. It's been a while since I've written in here. I do read peoples posts as often as I can.

can someone please help me with this horrible feeling I keep getting in my head and whether it is connected to the Fibromialgia. Ok so as with all symptoms it is hard to describe so I will do my best. Ok so I will all of a sudden get like a dizzy spell and my head will shake involuntary for a few seconds. The bad ones give me prickly cold sweat like feelings down my arms. The only way I can describe this is like being on a really fast fairground ride and feeling the blood rushing to your head. I had a bad one last night and it really freaks me out. I'm lying on the sofa now feeling light headed and like I'm going to pass out. Has anyone experienced anything like this or is this something else I need to see my doctor about. I need piece of mind cause I feel like I'm going to die when it happens and it scares the hell out of me. If this is normal I would cope a lot better. Any words of advice please. Much love to all Alison xxx

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi alig39 My advice would be to see your gp, to rule anything else out that it could be. Fibro throws so many different symptoms at us its hard to know at times, when its fibro or something else going on. I get dizzness feel like Im going to pass out. I havnt experienced the cold prickly sweat. I do sometimes shake voluntarily with my head but thats been put down to nerves anxiety Ive had that since 1996.See a dr as soon as your able to. It wouldnt surprise if it is fibro, but its best to be checked out by a dr incase their is something else going on, plus it would put your mind at ease. when your unsure about anything always get checked out by your dr. Take care gentle hugs 
  • Posted

Hi alig, sorry I don't have any idea what this sensation could be. I agree with Kaz, in that I to would suggest seeing your GP. Fibro can throw all kinds of weird and not so wonderful at us, but as this is something your not sure about its worth an appointment. 

Take care and let us know how you get on xx

• Posted

Hi, I'm new to this site, but I have had the very same feelings in my head and down my arm, been to doctors and he said its fibro, another one of so many symptoms hope u feel better soon.

• Posted

I haven't experience this with Fibro. Some of it sounds like either sugar or perhaps your blood pressure. I use to 20 plus years ago get to the point where I could almost pass out they said it was blood pressure .
  • Posted

Hi Alig39.

I have had the dizziness and weird feeling in my head. I haven't had the tingling with it.

Like Kaz said I would check it with your GP as it may be fibro but it could be something else. Unfortunately once you have the fibro diagnosis evrything tends to be put down to it.

Hope you find out what is wrong.

Take care and gentle hugs

• Posted

I'm so sorry for what your going through I've had what your describing since I was 3 yrs old last 3 yrs got dignoses with minears disease this causes sever dizzyness it's the most awful thing anyone could experiences it makes feel like in im going to pass out and makes me really sick for a week or more . But recent 2 months been dignoses with fibro snyv new symptom is worth checking with your GP gentle hugs sent your way x
  • Posted

Thankyou all so much for the replies and advice. I will defo see my GP about this. I am moving home at the weekend and I was saying to my daughter that maybe I'm doing too much all at once. I know stress is a major contributor to Fibro anyway. I will come back with news from the doctor. Much love and hugs to you all xxxx
  • Posted

Please get it checked out with your GP..or local hospital..we have soooo many differing Symtoms with this Fibro, but I never take chances...I always get a new one checked out...it's too easy to blame everything we get on Fibro..please don't stress over it...it just makes you Fibro worse...easy said I know....hope it's all ok, be blessed, have a lovely day..:-) xxx
  • Posted

HI everyone

Its been a while since ive been on.

Ive moved home, wow that was so stressful and painful. I had a lot of help from family and friends. So update on Weird head feelings,,finally got to see my doctor today. i explained all as best as i could and thankfully she thinks that it is nothing to worry about. It may be a tick??? Anyway im relieved that it is nothing serious. I obviously dont get much sleep and doctor thinks this may be part of why im getting this, im tired all the time and when im on the go my body is overworked. Note to self,,you cant do anywhere near the things you used to do Alison!!!!! lol

Anyway hope you all are well as can be expected and taking things easy. Much love to all xxxxx

• Posted

Good to hear from you alig...great news from your doctor..now you need to not stress..Fibro really loves stress..enjoy the place you have moved to..it's funny really sometimes family don't quite understand our condition, but they are usually always there to help anyway...like your recent move..be blessed alig...have a lovely day..gentle hugs..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Thankyou for your lovely message Christine. Glad I finally got round to checking it out. 

Isnt it amazing how the people who are supposed to be the closet ones to your heart are the ones that disappoint you the most. Maybe this is just me but when I was first diagnosed with Fibro I felt so lost and just didn't have a clue as to what was happening to me. It took me a good few months to get my head around things. My best friend didn't come to see me until I felt up to seeing people, which I really appreciated and when she did it was just lovely to see her again and to be able to talk about my health without bursting into tears like I always do. My sister on the other hand thought it would be funny to take the mickey out of me constantly, especially when the Fog kicked in and I forgot what I was talking about or messed up my words. This also upset my best friend. So anyway this went on for a good while and I just got used to it. My sister is a mother of 2 young daughters. I have always looked out for my sister and tried so so hard at times to make her see sense but to no avail. It got to a point in the last year that I thought I'm done trying to help others, I need to concentrate on myself, I have to say this was hard as I always try to make others happy before myself but in time I got used to it but others didn't. Anyway in August my daughter turned 18 and one of my nieces turned 1 on the same day. Myself, my sister and my daughter had an arrangement months prior to the big day that the Saturday night would be for Jenna and then the Sunday we would have a family day out to celebrate both the girls day. My sister agreed and said that her daughter wouldn't really remember as she was turning 1 and also that she wasn't going to get her any presents. So I had a lot of things planned for my daughter and my sister was meant to be part of some. A week before she changed her mind on things and said that she never agreed to what we had!!!!!! So this ended in a huge row between the 2 of us and the argument ended with my sister telling me "to go and die for myself". I haven't spoken to her since and I have no intention of. We have had falling sout befor but this time she crossed the line. With my current health issues for her to say something like that is just unforgivable. So this is what I was getting at back at the start of this. Family is suppose the ones you can turn to when you need help but for me it's not the case. I know this is probably a really harsh comment but I've been used so many times over the years and the one person who I have always been able to off load on has been my best friend. 

I just felt that I needed to share this.

much love to all xxxx

• Posted

Sounds a bit familiar alig...pick your battles I do now...family  who we seem to have greater expectations on seem to sooo to let us down..I have in the past just put healthy boundaries up with mine..my terms..it's sounds a bit narcissistic but when it comes down to it, it's all about what's good for my health..especially stress...anyway in time family have come around...try not to stress too much as Fibro really plays up with it...when you say you can't forgive your sister, you really need to...carrying an offence like that is sooo bad for you..especially for  someone with Fibro...it ends up taking over your life..you don't have to say it to her, but you really do need to forgive in your heart and get on with your life..in time you will feel much better..otherwise it's always on your mind..( unfortunately it's very easy for people close to us like that to say: O' you just forgot, you know your always mixing things up) grrr.....no one should have that power over you...don't allow them to..don't give permission for that to happen to you, be in charge of you....forgiveness is so very freeing for you alig...lovely hearing from you again...hope your daughters 18th was smashing...have a lovely day..be blessed..it's 20 past 11am Friday here..and I'm going to have a good day no matter what....take charge of your health,,it's empowering alig..:-) xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.