Weird head pain when I laugh, can it have to do with anxiety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well I was diagnosed with anxiety just a month ago and it's been hell of a trip. Pain on chest, near heart and lungs, head pain, feeling light headed, breathing problems, neck pain and much more... I got an ultrasound on heart lungs and my throat area it was all fine. But I have a weird head pain around the back of my head and neck when I laughed really hard in class. This happens to me all the time like maybe 4 years ago I'd never have a problem with it I guess it was just pressure, but now it's worse. It won't go away. I started breathing heavy because of it but I'm recovering now. Maybe it's cause of neck pain? Maybe it's because the way I sit? I don't know. I hope I'm not the only one who's been through this. I've always been a paranoid person so yeah...

I fainted when getting a vaccine in Jan and that's what triggered the anxiety, doctor said I was fine just feinted so idk if there's nothing wrong with my head. I'm really scared. The pain has moved onto near ending of the neck near my shoulders. What should I do?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi - it MAY be posture related. You say that it happened when you laughed alot...that causes shakes in the head and neck. Certainly speak to your GP but if they cant see anything then it could be posture related or even trapped nerve further down.
  • Posted

Any ine even ever take an xray of your neck? Cervical spine. A mri would be the best but maybe an xray to be sure everything is aligned. A bone dr does that. Your regular go can do it if they are kind enough. Just to have it and then youll always have something to compare it too.
  • Posted

Hi, I have the same neck and shoulder pain. It's starts in the top of my neck at the Base of my skull or it starts deep in my shoulder and them moves up my neck and I end up with a bad headache. It's always on My right side lol. for me it's another wonderful way my anxiety hits Me physically. If you feel your shoulder u may find a tension nodule, it will feel hard, massage that area of ur shoulder and the pain should ease. Don't worry too much, anxiety makes u feel allsorts of crazy things. And ur probs right about ur posture, bad posture will put tension in your neck and shoulders and this will make you anxious. And so on. It's really hard adjusting to anxiety. Just try to find away to ease ur mind and try not to overthink things too much.

Sorry I've gone on abit. And your right o can't spell

Best of luck

• Posted

Thanks for the answers again. By the way my first panic attack was when I was playing a soccer game (FIFA) and I have to look up to the TV (I sit right infront of it) and I felt neck pain on the right side of my neck then my breathing went really bad, they checked my neck and stuff said it was fine.. I got go scared. I had no knowledge of panic attacks before. I never knew it did all of this to you. Like when I'm outside and stuff and distracted I feel fine, I think staying home all day on the computer from Jan 25 (when I broke my teeth to March 4th) I broke my hand as well so couldn't right. I need to get out of this room. I never imagined of having this in my life. I'm a class clown, funny guy in general, I still am but have weird moments. Also I was feeling lightheated walking home today (20 min walk) but I pulled myself together. And yeah my neck hurts right now, might be posture related. What can I do to fix this. Oh also I beatbox which puts a lot of pressure on my neck, I do a sound where I suck in air with my lips in a compressed to make a sub bass type of sound, and my jaws feel numb and stuff. Should I stop beatboxing for a while?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.