Weird head pains

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi iv recently had the depo contraception injection, im due for my second shot next week. not sure if this is related to my problems but iv been having weird head pains sometimes at the top left of the head or right, iv always worn glasses for my left eye but now my right eye feels heavy. iv lost my glasses been without tbem for a couple of weeks and thought id be ok. iv had on and off headaches, not everyday and not every week but i thought maybe the injection has caused these? as i remember i used to suffer with headaches when i was younger when taking the pill. my anxiety has been so bad recently just thinking the worst of things, i feel drained im in bed so early because my eyes just are tired sometimes my right eye feels slow to blink if that makes sense. my ears dont feel right, i have had a bit of a runnyy nose then it stops! didnt know if it was all linked together and if i have sinitius.. the head pains are bareable but just weird sensations and feels like someones pulling my hair.. or sometimes its at the back of my head near my neck like stabbing pains! not had blurred vision but i fee like im constantly having to squint for my right eye to feel less heavy. can anyone help or have any suggestions ..

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

i have same pains, not a headache but short pains like nerves. And they come and go. lately been worse but if i pull my head down one side i can simulate the pain, so i think its from my neck tension, which is sore. seams to worsen with neck soreness. mine will leave for months then come back. i have health anxiety also so ive had catscan, blood test ect... many times. i would get those glasses back too. good luck, im sure your fine

• Posted

ah actually a bit relived to hear someone else has the same pains as me! no offence. yeah mine are on and off too. i had 2 really bad car accidents a year ago today and i think it is my neck that causes these pains, weird how they have only just started.. a year later lol. iv noticed recently if i move my head or like bend down a bit but use my neck, it will give me a thumpin pain in my head. maybe it is my neck thats causing them pains sometimes it is like a brain freeze pain. iv stopped taking the depo to hopefully my headaches stop

all together now

• Posted

sorry to add do you sometimes get a sharp pain at like top side of your head randomly.. i get them like once a month..

• Posted

yes i do. even when they go away i get the little sharp jabbing pains on n off. sitting here now with mild tension headache. its weird but i sleep just fine. i thank god its not worse, i just take tylenol. i had a catscan because of this a year ago, i told er i wanted it even tho doc said i didnt need it. blood test clear too

• Posted

do you! only every now and then i do, i havent been to doctors about it.. i darent lol. iv been suffering so much with TMJ atm that makes me feel like iv been smacked in the face/head awful. did you have to get a referral for the CAT scan? a couple of years ago my doctors wouldnt refer

me as my co ordination was fine and everything. not had my blood work done since a year ago wenn i was pregnant.. might be due for them done again! do you have headaches every day? the sharp stabbing pains are they a bit like brain freeze kinda makes you have to stand still for like a minute.

• Posted

i just kept going to er and like the 5 th time they did the cat scan. my doctor is usually right, he said tension from neck. but with my health anxiety, i stress so tension stays there. usually its not a headache just short head pains(sharp) and mild. but past few days its headaches. i have appt wednesday so im gonna tell him about it.

• Posted

and the more we dwell on it the worse it gets. one thing ive learned with this anxiety is the mind is a powerful thing

• Posted

oh i agree. the more we think about it the more it happens. let me know how you get on at the docs. if my head/tmj carries on then im going to see a doc.

• Posted

yeah my anxiety doesnt help. as soon as i get head pains or headaches i start thinking the worst of it and what it could be, i googled it, told me i was dying or have a brain tumour.. scares the life out of me

• Posted

me too. my doc told me last time i was having them.... Do you know are rare brain tumors are? thats like hitting the lotto. just relax hun, you will be fine!!!

• Posted

i know that is true. just all sorts run through your head doesnt it!

• Posted

my doc said take muscle relaxers for a few days. if that dont work i may get second opinion

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.