weird headaches from amlodipine

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys, i seriously need help. . . i've been off Amlodipine for 2weeks now but i still get weird headaches. Pain, pressure, burning sensation and a tingling one as well, a few days ago i had an electric shock but that subsided. . .😨😩 help !!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

After two weeks it doesn't sound like something directly attributable to the amlodipine, it takes a week or two to totally wash out, but when it's gone it's gone.

What is your current BP?

Are you on a different BP med now?

How were things before the amlodipine?

• Posted

My bp is 131\94, i had had chornic everyday headaches before taking amlodipine. But my bp was high and my doc put me on Amlodipine 10mg. . . a week after starting the treatment, i experiencing weird headaches, angina, naussea and fatigue problems then i decided to stop taking the meds after a month or to. Been miserable since

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.