Weird hpv question

Posted , 2 users are following.

can anyone give me some insight into the hpv virus . i received an abnormal pap smear about 10 years ago while sleeping with an ex partner . i got 6 monthly check ups for a few years and all was fine . ive had normal pap smears since . last year i made the biggest mistake and foolishly slept with my ex again , i was tested 6 months later for all stds via blood . should i of requested a pap for hpv or more inportantly would i of caught it again ? ive been told hov clears in 90 percent of people which means he or i didnt have it am i right ? i really hope someone takes the time to help here as im genuinely worried as im currently having tests for ovarian pain and irregukar cycles .

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

First of all, stress won't do any good.

Regarding your question, it is true that 90 % of HPV infections clear on their own and your negative pap smear after a positive one is the best example you can have.

Coming to the question of your ex, he may have cleared the infection a long time back but there is always a possibility of reinfection with a different strain of HPV.

All in all, the best advice I can give you is to have one pap smear every 6 months from now on. And avoid risky sexual activities altogether.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.