Weird issue! Forehead and contacts!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Here are my details:

-pregnant (10 weeks)

-female

-wear contacts and glasses

-Rx is -4.75

About three weeks ago i started getting this weird sensation in my forehead between my eyebrows. it felt like something was touching me or felt like a muscle tightening. no pain,no headaches. just an odd sensation.

i normally wear my contacts except for at night. so i decided to give the contacts a break and just wear glasses and the sensation totally disappeared. i did this for one week. yesterday i decided to try to wear my contacts again and the sensation came back!

i am wearing glasses today and it is gone. i tried Googling this and found zero info. i think i will make an appt with my eye doc but has anyone heard of this or experienced anything like this? i am worried and perplexed!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

You'll need a new contact lenses prescription. The optometrist said to me that they can correct the eye sight with glasses but the contact lenses will always be weaker and they will adjust the prescription and make sure you will have good vision. The prescription from the contacts it's always different from the glasses as the contact lens is stick to the eyeball. I would advise you to go to an optometrist and have the contact lenses prescription checked.

Best wishes

• Posted

just had an eye appointment this summer and my script was the same as it has been for 10 years?

• Posted

the optometrists can be wrong sometimes, I am talking from my experience... I had headaches and all the things until i had the right prescription also being pregnant can affect a bit your vision, this is what i've been told. I would suggest to go to the optometrist and explain what's going on, and if the optometrist can't find anything wrong and your situation persist go to the gp for a referral l to the eye doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.