weird mark on my upper lip

Posted , 2 users are following.

i've had this weird sort of zit looking thing on my upper lip, at first, it looked more like a black head then anything. then after a few weeks or months went by, it started rising about the skin and it didn't look like either a pimple or a black head by then. it started to feel hard and when i tried to feel around it and move it around, i kind of hurt. felt like i was pilling on a mole of some sort. but then, just today it was so noticeable, so i attempted to pop it like i would a regular pimple, and what came out was this hard thing that looked nothing like i've ever seen. it was thin and long, like a thread. but it wasnt longer then 0.5inches. it looked a little lightish brown color, and now that i've popped it, it looks as if there is a hole just above my upper lip. it didn't hurt when i popped it, but i was kind of concerned with what it was, any ideas?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

A few weeks is a long time for a pimple. I'd put alcohol on it. If it bothers you or becomes infected, you may want to see a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.