Weird mono symptoms??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey everyone

First off, I would like to say I am so happy I found this forum. The past couple of days i have been thinking I’ve been going crazy.

Im 38 and I got diagnosed with mono about three weeks ago. Who knows how long I actually had it for prior to that. I didn’t have any weird symptoms other than very tired and night sweats. But over the past couple of days I have been getting extremely weird tingling sensations in my left arm. to the point where I called our telehealth line and talked to an ER doc cuz i was so freaked out but she figured it was anxiety. Its still doing it today, tingles or goes really warm or cold. Also get it in my feet a bit and around the back of my throat?? just wondering if any of you have had these strange symptoms? Its so hard not to freak out!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Monomel,

I have had mono for three months, and during the first month I also experienced weird tickling feelings in my fingers and arms - but it went away eventually! And yes, it is so hard not to freak out. I'm freaking out a bit myself at the moment since I have been dizzy for almost two monts and are having these weird dizzy spells... But the only thing that I have learned during these months is that all sorts of weird symptoms will go away at some point. It is just a really rough experience.. Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

thanks for the reply heyo! sorry you are experiencing dizzy spells, is that something i have to look forward to? lol

what freaks me out the most is my doctor said the tingles have nothing to do with mono, but from what i have seen on this forum is a lot of docs arent that familiar with all the possible side effects? i went and had more blood taken today to see if i have vitamin b deficiency.

i just feel so weird, never felt like this before

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.