Weird Numb feeling in pinky toe

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have a strange numb kind of feeling in a couple of my toes including my pinky toe. They kind of feel stiff and a bit numb or like there is something stuck between them. I get a prickly pins and needles feeling sometimes in the area where the toes connect to the foot (the toe joints on the sole of my foot)

There are similar feelings in a couple of my fingers (in the corners of my fingernails) and I have aching in my fingers sometimes too.

At first I thought it could be peripheral neuropathy related to diabetes but Ive had a test and I don't have diabetes.

Does anyone know what this is/could be?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello thank you for your response. I don't think it's Raynauds because I haven't lost blood supply to my toes and my skin isn't changing color.

Though my feet are cold 24/7.

• Posted

I have the same thing & have been told by the Consultant (& it has been confirmed via MRI Scan) that I have 2 Morton Neuromas. Treatment options seem quite limited & I'm scheduled for bunion surgery soon so I'm leaving mine alone until after surgery to see what's what. Then may have to try to injections to relieve the symptoms. My consultant said surgery isn't recommended for neuromas because I think (from

memory) it involves removing the nerves & you'll lose feeling in that part of the foot. Perhaps have a read up & see if it could be a Mortons Neuroma. 

• Posted

Hi Jo Thanks for your response. Do you have any pain in your toes? I don't have any pain whatsoever which I've read is common in Morton's Neuroma.

• Posted

I wouldn't call it painful, although I do have pain/aches in my big toe which apparently is due to early arthritis & pains in my foot & ankle which is down to a damaged ligament & strained/inflamed tendon apparently. I am not blessed with good feet 😞.  It's more just a horrible sensation. I get a bit of a clicking/popping sensation like I'm walking on bubble wrap, a numb feeling & a feeling of pins & needles. I found it hard to distinguish which toes were causing the issues as I could initially only feel the popping/numbing when walking bare feet. I couldn't feel it with shoes or try to replicate the feeling prodding it with my fingers. As time has gone on I'm now sometimes experiencing it in shoes too 😞. I find it annoying - a bit like nails on a chalk board, I just don't like the sensation. I read that a Podiatrist/doctor can replicate the feeling by carrying out a Mulders Click assessment to see if you have a Mortons Neuroma. But I'm guessing it isn't 100% reliable as my surgeon did it & it was negative. Whereas the MRI scan shows 2 Morton Neuromas. Hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.