Weird numb tingly feeling everytime i touch things

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, I'm seeking some advice and consolation, here's the story;

Im a 17 year old female who has struggled in the past with depression. On Saturday night I had a heavy night of drinking, I had a lot to drink but I felt fine all night and had an awesome time, I got to my friends house around 2 am and crashed out. The next day I woke up feeling terrible (Sunday morning) went to the bathroom and was almost sick a couple of times and then had bad diarrhoea. After having the bad diarrhoeaI went back to bed and fell asleep again. Once I woke up I felt a lot better, I got up and got dressed and went to the bus stop and got a lift home. At this point it was around 2 pm and I was hungry so had some noodles. After having noodles I began to feel extremely sick and ended up going back to sleep. When I woke up I had this horrible numb feeling in my feet, it wasn't completely numb but the texture of rubbing my feet together felt very abnormal and like my sense of touch was delayed or dulled, I have only ever felt like this before after smoking weed but usually I'd just sleep that off and it would be gone so I tried sleeping again. When I got up it was gone and I felt a lot better so I walked around the house, got a drink etc then had a shower. It was only when I sat back down on my bed all hell broke loose, the feelings came back only this time it was much worse, I ended up almost having a panic attack but managed to calm myself down. I put it down to lack of sleep and went to bed at 9.30 and slept till 6.am where I woke up feeling the same weird sensations and panicking so I got up and demanded my mum to take me to a and e, we got there and they checked my blood pressure, pulse, and oxygen levels... All was normal so they put it down to anxiety and sent me home. I should also note that I have just restarted my antidepressants (Prozac) again and that's a week today so I don't know if it's the medication and alcohol mixed badly or not.... I, just terrified as these feelings won't go away, I just need some help and consolation from you guys. The feelings are in my face hands and feet, please help. -Ella

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It appears you already have an anxiety condition so, as alcohol can make that worse, you should ensure that you only drink small amounts or, preferably, avoid drinking at all.

It is quite common for some people to experience the numbness you describe after a heavy drinking session. It really does sound like alcohol and you don't go well together.

Try avoiding alcohol for a while and some of the symptoms you describe should go away.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the advice, yeah i dont think im ever going to drink again because these feelings are so horrible. But thank you very much for replying, it makes me feel a little better.
  • Posted

Old thread but the weird feeling is probably a result of a vitamin B12 deficiency.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.