Weird pain in the private area

Posted , 5 users are following.

im a 21 year old male. for just under a week i have been experiencing weird symptoms in and around my testicles and penis. However, i will let you know this: it does not hurt or burn when i pee but when i do it feels like i dont necessrily get everything out, also, it does not hurt or burn when i ejaculate, it does not hurt to get an erection, and there is no type of discharge coming from penis. Nothing looks or feels swollen either. i just get this weird (sometimes sharp) tingling pain in my urethra. i also have a dull ache on the left side of penis towards the base that sometimes feels as if it carries down into the left side of my scrotum. i have gently massaged and inspected my penis and testicles multiple times and have yet to find anything that does not feel or look "normal." when i wake up in the morning i feel fine but the pain starts to come back as the day goes on. i also seem feel more relief when i am laying down. Hopefully, someone has someone insight on this.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had testicular swelling, epididimal cysts for years. I want to avoid surgery, so I pay attention to what makes it worse and what makes it better. Like sitting makes it worse and alcohol...

• Posted

Hi there carolsh,

Just wondering why you want to avoid surgery? Wouldn't the surgery be beneficial towards your pain?

• Posted

varicoceles feel worse as day goes on and better when laying down. Just throwing that out there.

An US or MRI may provide more insight overall..

• Posted

I have had dull ache and discomfort in my left testicle and lower left side of my groin since March after I had a colonoscopy. I have noticed that I am peeing more frequently and longer also. I went to GP in August and was put on antibiotics on 2 separate occasions. I have had an ultrasound which seemed normal, PSA blood test was normal and urine sample was clear. My GP has put me on Amitriptyline for the pain it has helped a little. I am also taking solphadine when necessary.

Saw Urologist last week who said that I have Epididymitis after briefly examining me. He said the condition will go away in time. I am seeing my GP tomorrow. any advice on what I should ask him?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.