Weird pelvic pain episodes almost every day since prolapse surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

I hope someone recognizes this and knows what to do about it. I had a sacrospinous fixation for a uterine prolapse almost seven weeks ago. The sff also lifted my bladder enough. But since my operation I have been having weird periods, mostly lasting a couple of hours, of pain/cramping in my pelvic muscles. For example this morning, the burning,feeling around the pubic bone area started around 10.30, and lasted a bit more than two hours. My bladder then also gets irritated which gives me an urge feeling, so I also need to go to the toilet often during such a period. And then all of a sudden, after a bit more than two hours, it all ends and turns back to normal. Yesterday I had this for more than four hours even. Is this pelvic Floor muscle cramping? What can I do about it? Or is the cause perhaps something different? I hope someone recognizes this and knows what to do.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same issues and was assigned to Physio therapy. Really knocked me down like child birth.  Worked on core muscles and best exercises to strengthen pelvic muscles squeeze bum and tighten tummy while sitting or laying down. Do 10 reps then work up to more. Stop if it hurts. Slowly work you way up .After a few weeks you will notice the difference. See exercises on you tube. Your only 7 weeks out from surgery ask your surgeon before doing any exercises.
    • Posted

Thanks for your answer. I have now been to pelvic Floor therapy twice and am not allowed to do pelvic floor exercises. Only to try to relax the muscles. But I am so scared that it’s something completely different than muscles that are too tensed. All this thinking is making me even more anxious
  • Posted

What dis pt have to offer you that was cussing the pain. What has pt recommended you so?

im so sorry hope that you can get in touch with the doctors odddice soon no ask for more info to help you understand what's going on. It's the not knowing that's very unnerving. 

Hope you you have pain meds?

Gentle hugs.

• Posted

I am sorry, I don’t understand most of your answer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.