Weird period symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just started my period 3 days ago and it's not the same as it usually is. I'm 14 and just got my period in July. So I haven't had it for too long. 2 days before my period I had to pee more than usual and has bladder pressure all day. Now 3 days in to my period I still have the same bladder pressure and am urinating a lot. Is this a normal symptom of periods?

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi zoey112

Because of increased blood flow in the uterus and its close proximity to the bladder it can cause some pressure on the bladder and cause a frequent urge to urinate....

• Posted

While looking this up, that was the first real reason i found. I think you may be right. Thank Yousmile 
    • Posted

Hi zoey112

Happy to help zoey112...if frequent urination and bladder pressure persists after your menstrual period has ceased say after a week, go visit your doctor.....

• Posted

If you have only just begun your periods, they can be erratic. Sometimes they will be heavy and very painful.  Other times they can be light or you can miss a few until your cycle settles itself.  Everyone experiences different symptoms and one month will not necessarily be like another.  I wouldn’t worry.  The female organs are close to the bladder and bowel.  So you can get disturbances there. I have had loose stools and diarrhoea with it   I haven’t had urinary symptoms though.  However, that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.   If these symptoms appear before or during your period and then go away when it is finished, it is likely that it is linked to your cycle.  If it continues, it could be an infection which you should see your doctor about.  Do you get any burning sensations?  I have had this along with a severe itch which are also connected to the period.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Pippa58442. No I havent had any burning sensations what so ever. The bladder pressure, and frequent urination happend 3-4 before my actual period. and this is just my third day of my period. It has started to subside just a bit. Im not going as much as I have been the last 2 days. Thanks again for you reply, it helps. 
    • Posted

If the bladder problem is getting better, that would suggest that it is your period.  You can get pre period symptoms of one sort or the other and they will vary for everyone.  I find mid way into my period, my symptoms subside.

I am 45 and my period symptoms have changed quite a bit because I am now closer to the menopause.  Some of the symptoms have got better, but I have developed new ones over the years which I didn’t understand and so I panicked.  My doctor reassured me that they were all normal.

• Posted

Yes I went to the doctor today and she told me that it's normal since I have just started getting periods. In a year I should have consistent periods with fairly same symptoms. Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.