Weird pins and needle in lower leg, what is it?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

About an hour or two ago I noticed I had this weird pins and needle sensation in my lower right leg and ankle area. It's only on the front part of my lower leg and the inside of my ankle. As the time has gone by it's gotten worse. Sharper, and gone a little higher up. There's not really any pain, just jabs of the pin and needle feeling, especially when I straighten out my leg fully. I guess my leg feels a bit stiff and I am walking on it funny but that might just be because it's worrying me so I'm thinking about it more.

I know I'm probably jumping the gun, but it is a bit alarming because it's not the same feeling I get when my leg/foot falls asleep from sitting too long. I'm 17 by the way, if that means anything regarding this. Any help would be great, thanks in advance!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You posted this 12 hours ago, So, if you are still experiencing these pins and needles, then I highly recommend you talk to your parents, if that is a possibility. If you are on your own, then seek medical advice. It is probably a minor issue, but in case it is something else, medical help the sooner the better.
    • Posted

Hello,

The tingling slowly stopped and was gone by the time I fell asleep- and I didn't have any issues when I woke up.

However, I am worried again because tonight I am starting to have the tingling sensation in the inside of my ankle. I had work today and was standing for about 8 hours. My legs have been cramping up- although I don't think that's unusual after a long day. But the tingling concerns me. I was looking up this tingling and what I came up with was neuropathy and tarsal tunnel syndrome. Based on a quick google search results, I think it aligns more with tarsal- but I'm no doctor obviously.

I haven't injured my ankle/leg at all. All I can think of is I have been told (by a pointe shoe fitter) that my ankle rolls in more than normal. Never been an issue, I'm physically healthy, etc- But that was listed as a cause of tarsal tunnel syndrome.

Any ideas? sad

• Posted

Discussion groups like this one are great for comparing and trying different physio treatments when in recovery from an injury. But what you really need is a medical opinion or diagnosis. I am sorry, but I can't advise on your condition. Strongly recommend you see a doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.