Weird pressure feeling in back of my head

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all ive had this weird pressure feeling in the back of my head for about 8 months now and its sending me mad, its slightly just under the bump in the back of your skull.

Ive had 2 ct scans and a mri scan and come back ok, ive had occipital nerve blockers and that hasnt worked either. It is driving me crazy.

I have a endless list of symptoms im getting,i actually ended up in hospital for 4 days because i was taking alot of codeine just so i could sleep and ended up with medication overuse and i was in a really bad way.

This pressure does not go away it is with me every second of the day, ive even tryed the daith piercing, chiropractor and im having acupuncture soon just to try it.

Im at my wits end, im currently taking citalopram, propranolol and lansoprazole as I'm getting stomach problems too.

Im getting so many symptoms i will name a few buzzing in head,feeling heartbeat in head, seeing black floaters in one eye,dizziness, light headed, cant concentrate, cant focus,shaking, memory problems,stomach problems theres more but cant think properly and to add to all of that ive started having panic attacks now too.

Im due to see a psychologist as ive started getting bad thoughts now as i cant cope with this anymore.

Sorry for the long story, is or has anyone had this

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Besides, the black floaters - I've had clear floaters, I've had every symptom you've described even stomach issues (burning sensation, cramps/aches, constipation, diarrehea, nausea). Gone through a battery of tests except MRI since my Primary thought it was overkill. In the end, she diagnosed me with Anxiety and OCD. Seeing that you've already an MRI and nothing showed, this demonstrates how powerful your mind is in making these symptoms occur. I'm glad that your going to a psycholgist, since they'll try to help you find the causes of these symptoms.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply manny, everytime i wake up after sleeping i feel awful and it takes me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours just to get out of bed because im always fatigued.

I have a 3 year old son too, as you can imagine he needs alot of attention but because im fatigued and lethargic all the time i cant even play with him or take him anywhere.

I go to see the psychologist next week, so im really hopeful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.