Weird question

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone know if you can have posterior op if you are on your period? I feel it coming on I think 😓

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had a&p plus sacrospinous fixation recently and I was panicking as my period was due day of my op so I phoned hospital and the doctor's reply was there will be so much blood your period is the least of our concern

• Posted

Ps it's nowhere near as bad as you think it's going to be. This is my second surgery the first was just a rectocele repair but failed after 5 years hence the second surgery now. Due to the anaesthetic and trauma of the surgery my periods never actually came at all that month lol. If it makes you feel better phone the hospital and tell them you think you may have your period. The main thing is not to Get constipated and really rest for the first month no matter how well you feel as you will do damage. 6 months down the line you won't even remember you had the surgery x

• Posted

Not any different to be honest. Prob takes til the 10-12 week mark to be comfortable so don't be too eager to try at 6 weeks as you only get one chance to heal so don't risk setting yourself back. I thought it would be tighter/more pleasurable for me wasn't - no better but no worse x

• Posted

As a matter of fact if that doesn't happen I don't even want to go through it! I am going to reiterate to my dr AGAIN that I want to make sure it's tightened up. Was your "size" a problem before surgery?

• Posted

Yeah a bit but I had a 10lb 10oz baby so things were never going to be the same again. My main issues were having to manipulate feaces out of back passage and stress incontinence. Everyone is different so your repair might give you different results to me. I also had prolapse at front and back which have been repaired but it's still never going to be the same as it was 20 years ago when I was 25. I am also 4or 5 stones overweight sex would be better for sure if I lost that weight. I have recently bought a kegel8 pelvic floor machine which makes a difference but you need to be constant with it I am lazy. If you have no other problems other than feeling loose maybe getting a stitch or two in your perineum would be the answer for you?

• Posted

Yes I plan on asking. Again lol I also have to manipulate 👎🏼

• Posted

Well for that reason alone the surgery is so worth it as it's wonderful just being able to go to the toilet like any normal person x

• Posted

You are totally fine. Actually ideal. I wish I was on my period when I had mine. Mine started 10 days post op which was terrifying as I didn't know if it was period or because of the surgery.

• Posted

You will find that Urogynaecologists doing these repair surgeries aren't interested in giving you a "designer vagina"!! It is not any of the reason they are doing them. Of course they are mindful of making sure you still can be sexually active if that is part of your future. If you get a better designed vag out of having repairs then that was the skill of the way your Surgeon does the prolapse repairs, but I'm sure any of them would be a bit put off if one of your main aims is for that, rather than solely to rid you of prolapse problems and secretly you can hope you get some other advantage from a repair your setting out to have leaving you generally way better in all respects.

• Posted

Ps I do not want a "designer vagina" i just want to be normal but thanks

• Posted

Hi Steph

I was in your shoes and surgeon said it was fine if period happened

As it was it seems to have skipped a month.

If you have a look around this forum and others lots of women report enhanced sexual pleasure. I think personally it's OK to want that as an outcome along with better bowel bladder function, end to pain etc. My GP referred me for prolapse surgery and that was one of her criteria not mine. She said I was far too young to be giving up on sex. I'm 48. I think she was right. I had given up. My surgeon was open to discussing it too. I am only 3 weeks post op so don't know the outcome. Mainly I want to be rid of prolapse symptoms around bladder and bowels but fingers crossed it all feels better.

Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.