Weird Question

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have noticed a few times that ''my tummy feels smaller''. But this I mean if I were to eat something say...a burrito. I am actively trying to lose weight so I will eat 1 with some salad. Before I could have easily eaten 2 (without the salad ha ha) and be happy for some dessert or something a little while later. Anyway...Even with only having the 1 I feel like my tummy is tight or ''stuffed'' and that feeling seems to last well into the night, much later than it normally would. I mean I guess maybe it is a blessing in disguise but it does get a bit uncomfortable, and generally it feels like I have had a big Christmas dinner, but I have actually had a smaller amount than usual?

am not sure if this is ''bloating'' or what. I have been overweight my whole life so I don't really know what ''bloating'' is if you know what I mean. I know I retain water if I eat to much salt/sugar (rings get to tight for a day or two) but I dont know what is happening right now. 

I feel like I have eaten a Christmas dinner... all day...for most of the day... Right now I feel like that and I had 1 banana with 100g (about 3 tbsp) yogurt for breakfast. So I know I am not over eating. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is quite normal when losing weight. There's research to suggest your stomach alters in size when you dramatically reduce your food intake. There's also the idea that your appetite 'thermostat' is altered. Either way, both will result in you feeling fuller more quickly which is great!

• Posted

Does this bloat happen in the upper stomach just below rib cage, as that's the pills. It happens to me but only if I eat something high in fat. I had a dominos 2 weeks ago and that bloat got so bad that it put me in bed. You literally feel stuffed like you've just ate but I think it's wind gasses from the pills working

• Posted

Yes Leah. Exactly. I cant physically ''see bloat'' but if feels like someone shoved a big balloon of air in my chest which is making everything in there tight and uncomfortable. Not quite painful...just....like a giant Christmas dinner! Ha.  

• Posted

believe me if you had something worse than a burito to eat then the bloat does get painful, it put me off dominos for life!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.