Weird, random stomach cramps

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay let me start out by saying this has been going on for well over a year now. Told my doc about it and she didn’t take it very seriously.

I have very weird, very random stomach pains that occur after eating, but only sometimes. Maybe a few times a month. These pains are sharp, stabbing, I feel them all in my stomach, they even spread to the left side of my back and my left breast (really bizarre I know). I’d say on a scale of 1-10 they are about 7 or 8 usually. The only thing that makes them go away is laying down on my left side for a bit. When this happens at a restaurant I have to go out to the car and lay down for a while.

The weirdest part is that I can’t pinpoint a cause. I can eat a certain meal one week and have no trouble. I eat the exact same thing the next week and it causes me pain. Almost every bit food I eat on a regular basis has caused me pain at least once.

These pains are never accompanied by vomiting, although about once a month (only late at night) I will start having a stomachache right before bed and about an hour later vomit (it’s usually just bile or even nothing if I haven’t eaten/drank in a while). When this happens I never have a fever nor do I feel bad.

So yeah, I don’t know if this is IBS or what but I’m really sick of it because I end up not being able to enjoy outings with friends and family sometimes because of it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Caroline,

are you gassy? Do you belch often?

also when is last time you had your liver enzymes checked? what is your triglyceride count?

I'm thinking possibly an ulcer or or NAFLD.

How s you sugar level? BP? also, are you taking OTC Pain meds regularly?

• Posted

I suffered my entire life of similar issues..

Found one ethical physician who helped me out, after searching for about 40 years..

Food allergies are part of about all autoimmune disease, though its hidden from most.. So get a test, and be set free..

You must find a functional Dr, as MDs are too smug to help out..

That's what helped me, and my whole family. I came back from the dead, literally, and not one medical person will still recognize it.

Keep visiting Drs for the rest of your life, and You will be treated like a hypochondriac. They're good at that, because they have no answers..

Its all from agribusiness..

• Posted

Yes that is correct. Independent doctors do not have the equipment that hospitals have. Emergency rooms can diagnose and treat. Then ask to be referred to a dietitian or nutritionist who can set you on the right path.

• Posted

Could be IBS if you are getting change of bowel habit as well. Some people with IBS find that a food affects them one week but not the next. Pain typically moves about and you can get different types of pain. See your doctor again for tests and a definitive diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.