Weird rash with swollen lymph (near rash)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Started about a week ago near right side hip. Slowly spread across hip bone to my back. See images in URL below. Slightly itchy/painful. The lymph nodes on my right side/hip/groin area seem tender/swollen. New spots seem to be still popping up each day.  Any idea? Still waiting on a primary/derm appointment. Scared of lymphoma. I’m 36. No other symptoms. Thanks!

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How can I add images now?
  • Posted

FYI. Adding images using your mobile browser on your phone does not work. There is no "image icon". I had to do this on my desktop.

Here are the pictures. 

• Posted

Dermatologist is currently saying it's "Shingles". It's currently still spreading, but staying on the right front/back abdomen

• Posted

Could be shingles. The lesions spread along a nerve,and hip to back is a common pattern.  Did you have chicken pox as a child?

Shingles often is associated with a person going through a stressful time......could that be you?

• Posted

Yep. Had chicken pox as a kid. Wouldn't say too stressful or anything really different? Went to primary and she seems to think it's shingles as well. Wish our medical community was more scientific and actually was able to take sample and test the lesions.

• Posted

No diagnostic tests are usually done for Shingles which is showing a rash. 

You just have to wait for it to run its course and if you are really uncomfortable then Aciclovir tabets can be prescribed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.