Weird red patches on corner of my lips

Posted , 2 users are following.

As you can see in the image, I have these weird red patches on the corners of my lips and a little bit on my actual lip too. I have eczema on my arms so im assuming its that but when I put eczema cream on my lips it doesnt help, it even maybe gets worse. Im not trying to over think but is this what cold sores look like? Or is it just eczema? How can I get rid of this

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

This looks like a windburn. My lips look like this every winter.

I usually use a cocoa butter-based lipbalm or lipstick.It relieves the discomfort and heals the lesion very quickly.

Of course, this is just my speculation. Since you already suffer from eczema, it would be best to consult your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.