Weird Red/purple splotches all over right arm, pics inside

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I woke up yesterday and noticed my right hand and wrist had what looked like a rash on it, tiny red specs all over, and maybe even a tad swollen. It didn't itch, it didn't hurt, but it was weird. Assumed it would just go away. Today I notice it's still there albeit a "little" bit less, but also noticed that my underarm skin was very splotchy with red/purple splotches on it. I checked my left arm and noticed it was similar underneath but not nearly as noticeable.

Any idea WHAT this is? Or if I need to go to the doctor? To note, I've had Tenia Versicolor for about 20 years now, this is not what that normally looks like, this is definitely something new/different.

It's more readily apparent in person, the pictures are a bit washed out.

Any help appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I get red blotches on my arms and occasionally my legs. In my case it is called purpura and I suspect is caused as a side effect by the steroids I am taking. The spots slowly fade over a period of about three weeks in my case. I am not sure if that is what you have.
    • Posted

Thank you, I just looked that up and at a bunch of pictures. You might be right, but mine are quite subtle where all the pictures I saw looked much much worse. I'll see what others say, but I appreciate your response. I figure regardless, if they don't go away in a few more days I'll just go to the doctor anyway.

• Posted

Mine are usually quite subtle too. The ones on the internet are often quite horrific, mine have never been that bad, they are quite spasmodic, sometimes just one or two. 
    • Posted

hi has any of your medication changed, I think it would pay to check.

Mine started of similar to that but it can get worse if it is like mine it is due

to allergy to certain medications , the surgeon told me that isnt actually it is a chemical reaction to some of the ingredients, also enteric coatings on pills can trigger this off.   I wouldn't bother going to the Doctors because they can't really identify it but will give medicine to take which I followed and I ended up with a reaction on top of the one I started on.

Not sure where u are but Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Lotion is a reasonable price and works better that some others just keep layering it on everyday and your skin.won't end up as mine, there are so many marks on my arms.   I you don't want to use that cream ask the chemist 

for ones free of most chemicals

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.