Weird ring under the skin

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've searched and searched and haven't been able to find an answer to this. It's also kind of hard to photograph but I here's what I could do. image

Anyways, I've had this ring here for at least a few months now. It doesn't really bother me, but it feels like something's in there, under the skin. Maybe a hair, curled around into a circle? Some kind of worm? Alien implant? What the heck? I know I know, I should just go see a doctor. Dermatologist? But I haven't yet, I dunno when I will, thought I'd see if anyone knows what it might be.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh, I could also mention, it's maybe about 1/8th inch diameter. And it feels like a little tiny disk between my fingers. Pretty solid.

• Posted

Just getting the location right: is this near the base of your penis? The most likely explanation is that it is an ingrown hair. These do occur quite often for most men. I would just keep an eye on it to ensure it does not develop out of all proportion .....

• Posted

It's on the shaft, but not too far away from some other hair, so I imagine that's probably what it is. All the images I could find of ingrown hair looked different and this one isn't red at all, so I wasn't sure.

• Posted

It did turn out to be an ingrown hair. It eventually escaped it's "ring" and started growing out in a line under the skin, causing issues, but also came close enough to the surface that I was able to remove it easily.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.