Weird sensation driving me crazy!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm going to try my best to describe this "sensation" i get because it's very hard to put into words but I'm hoping someone can relate. Basically, i get this feeling in between my ribs right in that dipped in area (basically where esophagus and stomach connect) and it feels like it's going crazy in that spot. like the rest of my body is totally calm but that one spot i always feel. it feels like someone injected adrenaline into that one area and it stays there all day. NOW, this sensation generally only happen immediately after i eat. also want to note it's NOT from anxiety and NOT painful, just insanely uncomfortable and annoying. I have no idea what it could be, and nothing helps it (tried basic antiacids, PPI, anxiety meds, etc.) also it is NOT from anything I eat specifically because it happens no matter what i put in my body. sometimes it also feels like my upper stomach is hollow, yet i'm not hungry. also feels like my stomach needs to growl in a way to relieve this feeling. my theory: my LES is spasming for hours and staying open, i have trapped air?, i genuinely don't know the correlation between this feeling and every time i eat but it happens. doesn't happen every single day, but it happens most however it is weird to me that it can come and go. its so bad though, and very scary. it's the only area of my body that im even aware of because the sensation is so intense. please help, thank you.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

hi sarah did you ask your doctor to send you for an endescopy? its sould like GERD given that your lower oesaphagus is open more than it should which in turn creates access acid causing heartburn and reflux.

• Posted

Hi Joseph, I had my first endoscopy a year ago, and a second one just in February of this year. Visually everything looked great, and my biopsies came back normal as well. However, despite those findings there is definitely something wrong with me. i'm considering requesting another endoscopy because my symptoms gave gotten far worse, i have far more acid burning my esophagus than i did before, and i have no relief from antiacids, PPI, dietary & lifestyle changes, etc. Thank you for your response

• Posted

It sounds like you probably have a hiatus hernia and gastritis. You need an endoscopy to get it checked out.

• Posted

Hello, I had my most recent endoscopy in February of this year and everything came back normal both visually and my biopsies; however I am most likely going to request another one because of how much worse my symptoms and quality of life have become at only 18 years old. they have to find something.. Thank you for your response

• Posted

Maybe you have a food allergy or intolerance. Is there any foods you eat that you don't get this with? Or is it everything you eat?

You could possibly have a really bad case of IBS maybe. Ask your doctor for alverine it helps with those uncomfortable spasms and trapped wind.

• Posted

I have had food allergy tests done in the past and i am not supposed to be allergic or intolerant to anything, including your typical gluten, dairy, etc. Also, i am on a formula only diet at the moment. I had a flare up of this and my other symptoms in January and it has yet to settle down, rather it has become far worse. i've bever considered IBS because my problems always seem to be targeted towards upper GI (esophagus, sphincter & upper stomach). however, idk if its possible that im now developing IBS. ***** side note: as i stated im on a formula only diet, however two days ago i was dying to eat real food, and i decided to eat graham crackers. bad mistake to jump right into those after not having real food for 3+ months ***** Do you think its possible that triggered a really bad reaction within my body? not allergic obviously, but something else? idk im just very confused and upset with all of this. Thank you again for your help though.

• Posted

Hello, yes I had a glucose tolerance test about a year ago which came back negative for celiac disease. However, I eat no gluten or sugar right now as I am on a formula only diet.

• Posted

What is a formula only diet, I have never heard of it.

• Posted

a formula only diet is just as it sounds. I supplement my meals for a formula drink that provides me with the nutrients i need day to day. I drink Kate Farms Formula.

• Posted

i agree with you moon53540. just sent that idea over, i hope she goes gets it tested.

• Posted

I have felt this helpless and more on many occasions. it sometimes goes with a searing pain in the chest towards the stomach . I have also kept to bland small meals without much difference.

Dozens of nature cure aids too.

Looks like nothing makes a difference.

I have come to terms with the suggestion of depression regardless of the fact that I don't feel any other associated symptom.

My reason is that it sometimes stops for a long spell without reason and that an antidepressant is the only thing that brings down the pain the moment it shoots sky high.

All the palliatives, PPIs and acid blockers just mop.

A change of scene also helps.

• Posted

Hello, thank you for your reply. This sensation for me can also stop for long spells just as you said. I remember it practically going away for 3 weeks and then came back so sudden and intense. No idea what it is, all I know is that it generally happens almost immediately after I eat and can go on for days, weeks. Doctors don't even know what I'm trying to explain so I definitely feel hopeless for a solution. I am not currently on anxiety meds, but i do take ativan as needed and generally will take it when i experience this sensation in hopes to calm it down. i'm sorry you have to go through this as well, I hope we both find relief in the future.

• Posted

you haven't a hiatus hernia have you? go get a test.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.