Weird sensation in heart before SVT happens

Posted , 5 users are following.

The last two episodes I have had my heart, before going into the rapid tachycardia, has felt like it is misfiring and beating irregulary - as if doesn't know what it wants to do. This feeling usually lasts 5-10 seconds before going into SVT. Is this a usual symptom people experience with SVT or is it just me?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tommy,

The sensation you are talking about is very normal for me. I've had SVT for over 10 years.

• Posted

Thanks Cindy, good to know I'm not the only person who experiences this! Have you had an ablation or taken medication for your SVT?

Tommy

• Posted

Tommy,

I've taken Bystolic (a Beta Blocker) only as needed, that is if I can't lower my HR using valsalva maneuvers or meditation.

My rapid runs are usually self limiting.

I avoid things that bring them on like alcohol, caffeine, stress, overexercising, hot showers, laying on my left side, certain foods containing Tyramine, etc.

Its a work in progress. I'm always trying to learn something new about SVT.

Cindy

• Posted

Hi Tommy,this sounds very much like you are having ectopic( extra beats) and /or missed beats just before SVT episode. I have ectopic beats a lot ,as do a large percentage of the population. Ectopic beats can be a trigger for SVT . This is the case with me and has been confirmed by a cardiologist,so nothing to worry about!

Paul.

• Posted

Thanks Paul, I found this really helpful as I was quite worried as it felt like something new. I do sometimes get ectopics throughout the day but its usually only one skipped or extra beat, but I guess the feeling before I go into SVT could be a row of ectopics or something?

Also how are you treating your SVT? Have you opted for any medication or ablation therapy?

Tommy

• Posted

My SVT has been triggered by a PVC/PAC that happens just at the right time/place/heart rate, so i will feel the sensation of my heart skipping a beat before it kicks in sometimes.

• Posted

Just seconds before my episode starts, I feel a weird fluttery feeling at the very top of my stomach. Kinda like gas. This fluttery feeling makes me want to burp thinking it is gas. The bam......immediate tachy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.