Weird sensation when i start to fall asleep

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello! For the past couple of days I have had some very odd sleeping issues. As I start to fall asleep I get a feeling that's really difficult to describe. Its kinda a warm/tingly/floating/anxious/falling feeling... It sounds weird, I know but i can't really describe it any other way. At first I though it was propranolol that my doctor gave me for anxiety and a fast pulse rate because I had never had it before that but I took myself off of it and I'm still getting this feeling. I thought I could handle it until I took a nap this morning and kept jolting up because it felt like I was falling. I can eventually get asleep but it takes a good hour to get over these weird sensations.

Anyone know what this is or know how to get rid of them?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey Micaela, I too have been experiencing that for the past few days. Ifs a horrible feeling. I also cannot describe it. Im planning to go to the doctor on Friday to get more clarity. I havent been sleeping for 4 days because Im scared to die in my sleep. When I open my eyes Im fine but as soon as I close them I start floating, out of energy, rapid heartbeat which I feel on my upper body... kinda like anxiety. I thought it was high blood pressure because mine was 146/96 two days ago. I really dont know what is happening but it scares the living hell out of me.
    • Posted

Me too, its a very odd sensation... I have pretty good blood pressure so I'm not sure if that's the issue but I hope you're able to figure it out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.