Weird Sensations

Posted , 2 users are following.

It is so hard to describe physical symptoms in words.

During your UTI's, whether on or off antibiotics, have you ever experienced an odd feeling in the genital area that feels a little tingly or slightly itchy.  It's almost like a nerve sensation or vibration.  It is not burning, not painful, but extremely agitating.  It's similar to restless leg syndrome (which I do have), but in the genital area.  I have researched and there is such a thing as restless genital syndrome, but it has sexual symptoms that I do not have.  Another way to describe the feeling is like I have a load of ants up my crotch.  I can't tell where it's the vagina or urethra.

I went to my obgyn thinking I may have a yeast infection, although I have no discharge.  I considered a yeast infection because of all the antibiotics I have been taking.  Obgyn checked me out and said no yeast infection or vaginal infection.   Urologist has no idea what it is.

I am getting this sensation while on antibotics.  I never had it before my UTI's started.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Marilee

I realize you wrote this post a year ago, but so far it's the only one that comes close to what I'm experiencing. I hope you're feeling alleviated now smile

Since last night I've been feeling this sharp stinging inside my vagina - it's not traditional pain, it's as if I was being tasered by the tiniest police officer inside the left side of my vagina. It's a sharp, almost electric discomfort that makes me clench my vaginal muscles to stop it.

Does this sound like what you experienced a year ago? And were you able to find a solution?

• Posted

No, that doesn't sound like what I experienced.   Some of my problem stemmed from vaginal atrophy from menopause.  Since being on hormone cream, most of the symptoms are gone.  Sometimes I still get that sort of 'itchy' feeling and sometimes after urination I get an odd feeling.  Since none of these symptoms last long or are frequent, I tend to forget about them.  I'm 9 months off antibiotics and asymptomatic for uti, so I'm just happy about that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.