Weird sensations, anyone elsehad this

Posted , 8 users are following.

Sorry me again, have been feeling a bit better over the weekend until today when sitting in a coffee shop I felt what can only be described as someone turning my organs around on the left hand side, it really flipped and felt like a baby moving around, not kicking but turning over. It happened twice and then stopped leaving me feeling a bit sore on the left. If I was younger and not 56 I would have been reaching for a pregancy test. I am going to see GP on Tuesday so will see what she say's. I am beginning to wonder if I have worms AAAAHHHH. Have to say this flare up is going on too long this time and the symptoms seem different too.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the same pain on the right side at first, they said in the hospital that it was appendix, i said look closer, there is an ugly appendix scar I've had it removed.!! I stayed in hospital 4 days and the pain moved to the left, they suspected Diverticular Disease and fed me antibiotics on a drip sent me home and said it wont happen again I was 45 and it was a one off. I felt a movement and squirming in my stomach and though I was pregnant as it felt like the moving in early pregnancy, but I put it down to gasses being trapped in the intestine, in the infected pockets. Five months later I was in again, same unbareable pain but left side and hot burning sensation. Infected diverticular disease again. 5 days of drip treatment and sent home for referal for colonscopy. Waiting list way too long and in discomfort most days, i work full time and have 3 teenage kids so I felt i needed to get it sorted. So paid private to get the Colonscopy done straight away. Colonscopy proved severe Diverticular Disease and I was put on the waiting list for op, I was on the list 5 months and it was carried out in February. Those pains when sat down with a scrunched stomach are typical of diverticular disease as thats what I suffered with. Even though the operation was scary and took more than the 6 weeks they recomend  to recover, I am so glad I did it as my quality of life is so much better and after 6-8 months I am almost 100% after a number of years suffering with this disease. I would recommend the elctive surgery to anyone who continually suffers with this condition. Yes, Ive had to make changes in my life since the op, but they are positive changes, Im not so swollen and bloated any more, lost 8 kilo and thats not from some mad diet or exercise regime, just eating smaller portions as my stomach wont allow me to eat late at night or have big portions. One down side is, alcohol doesnt agree with me any more, but thats ok, wold rather go without and have no pain. Hope this helps and good luck
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I have spent the whole weekend in agony, the burning sensation under ribs into left side and contact moving sensations in upper middle stomach, feels like someone twisting my insides, gurgling sounds too. I have been confirmed with the pockets, so am off to GP this morning to get another referral. Too scared to eat, also constipated which is not helping. Have a good day.
    • Posted

so meant constant moving. If I press into left side below ribs the pain is really bad. Trouble is am hungry so not sure if that is helping the pain.
  • Posted

Hi all, so sick over the weekend went to walk in centre as my GP not helpful, been told I have classic symptoms of coeliac disease which make sense as all these strange pains started following my diverticular diagnosis. All due to the beige foods you are meant to eat for divi, bread, potatoes, plain biscuits etc. I will need confirmation from blood test, but am going to try gluten free for a week and see what happens. GP said it can come on at anytime during your life

• Posted

I'm in the same boat..I have NAFLD (non alcoholic fatty liver) and what I can eat for the divi contradicts the diet for the liver. Just a word of caution, watch out for the sugar.  It's amazing how much is in Gluten free products.
    • Posted

Thanks for warning, why can they not make low fat or gluten free without adding all the sugar. They are so expensive too £1.80 for a box of hard jaffa cakes !!!
  • Posted

Hi Hope this may help I have had some severe bouts if diverticulitis over last 2 years

I have now also been diagnosed with post diverticulitis Ibs as well.The symptoms you describe I have been plagued with for months and nothing my GP gave me helped

At my last appointment I got talking to a lady with exact same problem

She suggested I start the day with ginger and lemon tea and to try peppermint oil capsules I was very sceptical but gave it a try and have been impressed with results so far

• Posted

Hi, I have IBS as well, there are so many of these problems all connected, it is hard to work out what symptoms go with what part of the body LOL. I will give ginger and lemon tea a go. I did try peppermint but as I have GERD this made it worse. I am gradually falling to bits, but at 56 not ready to give up just yet. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.