Weird shoulder bump

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone!!I had a motorcycle accident a few days ago.Had a stable spine fracture but its going pretty good now.What i am frustrated about though is my Shoulder.Whenever i lift my arm after the accident this weird bump appears:image

i am 99% sure it is a muscle.Also the bump is not there when my hand is laying down.I asked the doctor today and he said its the first time he sees something like that.He also said its a muscle and not a joint or lipoma.It only hurts a little but not knowing what it is it drives me crazy.Any thoughts??Thanks in advance!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I would definitely push for a CT or MRI. Which country are you in? I don't understand why your Doctor didn't get a scan but absolutely push the Doctor for one. I suspect it's a ruptured tendon which may need medical intervention. I initially though it was a dislocated bone when in certain positions which is possible. But not sure... I think that would be far more painful.

Good luck.

Melissa

• Posted

Hi Melissa,Thank you so much for your reply.I live in Greece.I had a CT about 15 days ago when i had my accident.Also i had xrays for my shoulder 2 days ago but the doctor said all the bones are normal.Bad news is that i am in an island now and the hospital i go to doesnt have MRI scan.So i guess i have to pay a lot of money and go to a private clinic or go back home at the capital of Greece and use my ensurance.The weird thing is that it barely hurts anymore only when i lift my hand a lot or when i sleep on it.

Wouldnt a ruptured tendon hurt more?

Also my pinky gets numb quite often.

Again thanks for your reply!!!

• Posted

No prob! Did the dr say anything about the soft tissue (muscles, ligaments, nerves)? If it's ruptured, it may not be very painful but would cause weakness. hmmm, numb pinky.... nerve entrapment? It does not look like a bone issue. I suspect it's muscular, but how bad and and whether it needs treatment, I can't say.

When was your accident? Do you have the reports? If not, can you ask for a copy?

• Posted

It could be a very swollen bursa.... this may reduce on it's own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.