Weird skin patch on penis - can anyone tell me what this is?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I've had this patch of weird pale skin on the side of my penis for the last 6 months or so as well as dryness and pale/hard skin around the tip of the glans. I can only access email/phone consultations with the GUM in my area due to Covid so they kept trying to treat it as persistent fungal and prescribing antifungals and emolients and eventually just said check back in when in-person services are available as it's not an emergency. My GP is doing in person appointment so looked at it and ran several STI test over the last few months all of which have been negative, but agrees it looks weird and that the antifungals are having little to no effect and I'll need to see the GUM when they start taking non-emergencies as it's beyond their scope of knowledge. It's not painful or itchy or anything, and I wash without chemical soaps and air dry it each day as I've been advised. I'd more just like to know if I need to be worried or not.

Anyone know what could be the cause?

imageimage

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

i have the same problems, any update about it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.