Weird sleep issue

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

So for about the past 3 weeks or so, I'll be sleeping

Hello,

So for about the past 3 weeks or so, I'll be sleeping and wake up in the middle of the night randomly, because my internal reaction tells me "if you don't move right now you're going to stop breathing." I know that sounds silly, but it actually does feel painful, as if my chest is sinking, and that if I don't move and wake up I will genuinely die.

I have been diagnosed with GAD and depression, treated with medication. I don't think either of those are triggering it. Almost a month ago I got a concussion from a car accident, no signs of brain bleed or anything serious. So I don't believe it has to do with that either. I've experienced sleep paralysis in the past, but this doesn't feel anything like it. I've thought of everything it could be, but I'm out of ideas and don't know whether I should be concerned.

Any ideas? and wake up in the middle of the night randomly, because my internal reaction tells me "if you don't move right now you're going to stop breathing." I know that sounds silly, but it actually does feel painful, as if my chest is sinking, and that if I don't move and wake up I will genuinely die.

I have been diagnosed with GAD and depression, treated with medication. I don't think either of those are triggering it. Almost a month ago I got a concussion from a car accident, no signs of brain bleed or anything serious. So I don't believe it has to do with that either. I've experienced sleep paralysis in the past, but this doesn't feel anything like it. I've thought of everything it could be, but I'm out of ideas and don't know whether I should be concerned.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

ive been scathing the internet to find someone with a similar issue i am having and i finally found your post. This has been happening now for almost 2 months(not everyday though) When it first started i was on my period so i thought it was a new period related symptom. Since then I've experienced it on an off. The only difference we have is that i do not experience chest pain when it happens. Did you ever find help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.