Weird sounds?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out here? I've been hearing these weird sounds in my ears like a pulsing noise? When I lay down sit up literally anything it's always there? Has anyone else experienced this? Would be grateful for a reply

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I also had it still do after decompression but it use to keep me awake at night or a sound of oceans like I have a sea shell to my ear but it's a lot less bothersome now.
  • Posted

Yes I get it too, buzzing, pulsing. Had ears cleaned but still get it. Think it's like tinnitus. Sometimes bothers me, but think get used to it. I play soft music to drown it out at times.
  • Posted

Simlpy yes. CM symptoms can include Tintinus and more often the sound of your pulse ring in your ear/ears. There are many syptoms for CM and thats the problem.
  • Posted

I have it , started last June, followed by sudden hearing loss , I had MRI as a tumour was suspected. Radiographer requested a 2nd MRI as she had spotted my Chiari . I wear an aid, which blocks out the noise (in my head) . All very new to me, just got my diagnosis on 17th Feb, The hearing loss is now the least of my worries, unless of course I lose it in the other ear . Surgeon didn't seem to think it was anything to do with Chiari, which has left me thinking I don't want him near me with a knife !!!! He's not practising on me ...............Would love to speak to anyone who has had the surgery here in Leeds . 
  • Posted

Hi Danielle

I have hearing loss in both ears and bad tinnitus and sometimes I will get ticking and pulsing sounds thisbis all connected with my CM so I'm told by my neurologist.

Doesn't matter where when and how you do things it's always there you get used to it after a while but more noticeable when no other sound to background it.

My hearing aids do help to cut out some of the sounds hope this explains some of your questions Paul.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.