Weird spasm/flutter/pulse/gurgle feeling in lower left ab

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the last few days consistent fluttering in my lower left ab, along with some sort of constant feeling there. I have extreme worry of it being an aneurism from what I've read online. Can someone make light of this, is it just a muscle spasm? why is it happening? For the last couple days as well I've had extreme back pain when I sleep and wake up, which gets helped easily with motrin and the doctors gave me muscle relaxers for it, which i'm about to try. I mentioned the ab thing to the doctor and she felt around for tenderness I didn't experience much tenderness, and she listened around my chest and stomach. But did not say much else about it.. I also suffer from anxiety which is at an all time high when things are wrong with me. I always think they worse.. but it's probably not a terrible thing to be super safe. Can anyone make light of this, should I go back and get it checked out?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I noticed I said lower left ab, but it's actually the lower left rib cage area. Sorry about that

• Posted

No pain just the uncomfortable annoying flutter/spasm/pulse thing. 
    • Posted

It actually just started having some pressure, kind of an ache. Which I guess is mildly painful, more uncomfortable for me though. No severe stabbing pain or anything.
  • Posted

Anyone? Could really use some advice, i'm freaking out over here like i'm just going to drop dead at any second. I just had a weird sensation where it felt like a blood pressure cuff was fully blown up on my arm. 

• Posted

hmm... don't know how to help. Did you do sports recently so your muscle could be reacting... or are you very stressed out or have a lack of sleep. My muscles just do that, when I am very tired and stressed out.. 

• Posted

I occasionally get twitching in my abdomen with IBS  Do you have any bowel habit change or stomach pain that moves about? Stress can also cause muscle twitching.
    • Posted

Nah definitly not ibs, I got a steel stomach. But I do think you’re right on the stress, I have severe anxiety and I believe it’s causing muscle spasms. Along with muscle soreness.
    • Posted

Maybe try distraction techniques such as a hobby to take your mind off your stomach.
  • Posted

Hi.

Did you ever understood what was the cause of your issues? I actually have the same condition and have been struggling for 6 months now.

Latest information I have got is that I might have splenic flexure syndrome (basically the gas trapped inside my guts is causing this discomfort). The pain I have comes and goes and honestly I was scared that something is wrong in my pelvis as somehow I think pain would be worse during ovulation. However, after months and months trying to understand what's wrong with me it somehow makes sense, this diagnosis.

When I massage left lower abdomen in circles it gets better (I hear noise and also I need to release the wind). I also feel gas is moving towards left rib cage, and creates spasm on my left side of the lower back ( I can basically find an angle when I can touch the spasm on my left lower back). Also, sometimes I even feel that spasm reflecting discomfort between my legs, straight up to groin area. I can also see big difference between my left and right tie when I massage (left side of the body is in spasm, even doctor has shown me the painful spot on my left foot and on my left hand, comparing to right side where nothing hurts).

What I do? I massage abdomen, putting heat pack on, taking relaxing baths with nice salts, eating better and try not to stress.

I still have pain from time to time but honestly I think I am horribly stressed and I'm going back to my exercise routine as heavy lifting and sweat helps me feel better. I stopped doing everything as pain was horrible but now when I know its not cyst, or some more horrible condition (I did blood test, CT, MRI, 5 ultrasounds and God knows how many other stuff and they have found nothing. I have uterus fibroid on outer side and all this time I was thinking this tumor is causing this pain, but doctors were all saying no).

I hope exercise will bring me back to normal state. Let me know if you read this, I would love to connect with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.