Weird spasm type things?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Sorry for the title, this thing is hard to explain.

Ive never brought it to the attention of my gp or anyone, because it doesnt worry me, im mostly just curious.

Every now and then i get this feeling, almost like a chill down my spine, exept it gets 'stuck' just under my shoulder blades and i lose control of my arms. For example, I'll slap my thigh, grab it very hard or hit the person next to me.

It is always my right arm and it only lasts about 3-5 seconds. I cant seem to pinpoint anything that may trigger this or any particular patterns.

Although it used to be daily and it is now maybe a few times a week.

Not sure if this is relevant but my ANA is 1:2560, but negative for autoimmune. I also have coeliac dosease, diagnosed nearly 6 years ago.

I am 23 years old, a little overweight (72kg) but otherwise healthy.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

you wrote...I'll slap my thigh, grab it very hard, or hit the person next to me." These are deliberate intentions...an arm moves and a hand grabs...a slap means an arm moves, a hand opens and aims.

Perhaps your physician will be able to explain this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.