Weird spot!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, hope all’s well down under with you all. I wonder if anyone can help. I was diagnosed about 6 months ago, I have applied the steroid cream as advised by my dermatologist, I moisturise, spray after wee etc. I’m now down to twice a week maintenance, the white patches have all but gone.  I check everything down there properly once a month so I can see any significant changes as advised. Today I saw a dark grey spot, sort of like the dot of a pencil really quite small but definitely there. Has anyone else had anything like that? My dermatologist said if there was anything like a flare up I should go back to  daily clob for 2 weeks then every other day for two weeks and then go back to maintenance, if the flare up didn’t subside I should go straight to my GP and demand an urgent appointment with a dermatologist. But  I’m not sure what this is....any advice gratefully appreciated. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'd definitely ask to see your gynaecology. It's probably nothing at all but you need to have peace of mind. Good luck, let us know how you get on. X

• Posted

Hi ajay,it sounds like nothing to worry about to me.  When you have blisters, sores, open cuts, red spots etc etc thats something to worry about, because that's when your flaring.  What you are describing sounds innocuous enough, but just keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger then you will need to get it checked out.

• Posted

Thanks for your reassurance . I’ve made an appointment with my GP just to check. Looks like a tiny freckle and it may well be, it was all white before so I’ve no idea if it was always there! 
  • Posted

Hello, I have something like this as well. It looks like a tiny mole. I did some research and apparently it's nothing to worry about. Something to do with the end of a blood vessel. I know my gyni saw it and didn't say anything about it so I assume it's OK.

• Posted

Thanks for replying deethebee, that’s exactly what it’s like, a tiny mole. I have a GP appt on Friday so hopefully I’ll get some reassurance then as well. It’s bit of a rollercoaster this LS business! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.