Weird spots in vision

Posted , 5 users are following.

This first happened about a week ago, and its only happened twice so far but its worrying me. I keep seeing a spot in my left eye when I tilt my head (only when I tilt it left, not right). It’s sort of this dark shadow looking thing, and it’s near the bottom of my line of sight but spreads to about the middle. It’s also now started forming near the top of my line of sight. It doesn’t impede my vision much because I can see through it, but it’s still freaking me out. It’s only happening in my left eye, not my right. And since someone already asked, no, I’m not seeing the edge of my cheek or nose or anything. I can’t really go get my eyes checked for two more weeks, but if it sounds like an emergency I’ll go ASAP.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Probably good idea to not wait until your appt in 2 weeks. Call the doctor's office to find out if they can get you in soon. Explain the situation and that you are very concerned about what is happening.

• Posted

I totally agree on your point and yes definitely you have to go the doctor office and check up your eyes properly.

• Posted

Good advice from diannesk. Your eyes are precious,so treat this as needing urgent attention.

• Posted

Good advice from diannesk. Your eyes are precious,so treat this as needing urgent attention.

• Posted

I have something very similar. A year ago, I noticed a grey shadow in the nasal periphery of my right eye's field of vision. When I look straight ahead, I can see just a small part of it as most of it is against my nose. However, when I look to the right, it enlarges and takes up a significant part of my peripheral vision. I can see it against white walls especially. Over the past few months it has enlarged and changed shape. It is causing me great anxiety. I have had my eyes dilated three times and nothing has been found to explain it. It terrifies me that I will have to live with this for the rest of my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.