10 Replies

• Posted

Go to the doctor. I think your ok thow. Ive got something like that on my bell end but would get it checked anyway
  • Posted

Hm.  I would guess that it is possibly caused by friction but if it does not go see a GUM clinic.  If you have not had sexual contact as such it is highly unlikely to be an STI.

It is still a myth that these can be caught from lavatory seats

• Posted

It could be friction I suppose. I don't use lube when I masturbate.
  • Posted

Hi, if you have had no sexual contact, including oral. Then it's probably not an std. You may want to check reasons for irritation from detergents or soaps or anything that you may be in contact with that could cause skin irritation. It is always advantageous to ask your GP to be certain.
  • Posted

It looks like herpes. You should definately go see a doctor. It's possible to infect yourself if you get cold sores on your mouth. You certainly don't want to pass it on once you start having sex with a partner.
  • Posted

With the greatest respect to "kathee" if you have never had sexual contact it is pretty unlikely to be herpes on your penis   -  it is just possible that if you had a an active cold sore and transferred the virus to your penis then another sore would occur [but did you] 

You may want to look at this website.

http://www.herpes.org.uk/

Update us - has it gone away/healed?  Have you seen a doctor? 

Certainly over the years I have had little abrasions like that with no worries

• Posted

Sorry I've not replied for so long, I kind of let this whole thing slip my mind. The abrasion is now gone. I doubt it was herpes. I've recently started going to the gym, and as I don't often go, I wonder if the rubbing had something to do with it.
    • Posted

Well done - thanks for update.  I think we all get small changes which are not serious

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.