Weird stools

Posted , 3 users are following.

So for the past couple months I've been having digestion issues, from gas to stomach pain to weird stools. But recently i thought it was getting better

I was eating fiber one bars and they seemed to give me alot of gas so I stopped, along with I haven't had a banana in a couple days so Idk if that's causing my mushy stools.

So for the past 2 days I haven't had any pain or gas, as I took the fiber one bars out. but I've had mushy stools in the morning. I only have ever gone in the morning once a day thats it. Last week my stools where starting to be normal but then I'm hit with this

I don't know if it's stress or if it's just I don't have that amount of fiber in my body so it cuaseing it to be weird.

Any suggestions would be nice

I have been to a general doctor that told me nothing but my gastrologist isn't for a few weeks, thats the earliest they could get me in and since it's not life threatening

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been trying to stay away from gluten as much as possible as I think that has something to do with it but unsure took it out for awhile and then reintroduced it and it seemed to do fine but then like i started getting weird pains so i stopped again. But I am unsure if that is the problem or not but as of right now off of it havent had many problems. 

Sometimes i eat foods and i have problems and sometimes i dont, such as peanut butter been having that every night and recently like the last week it was giving me alot of gas out of nowhere.

• Posted

Steven

You need to consider your diet and possibly adjust if possible

They now say we need upwards of seven portions of fruit and vegetables. With additional carbohydrates such as bown rice, potatoes and various types of Pasta.

Bran or seeded batch loaf of bread will give your stool firmness and that would keep you regular. Reduce your sugar intake and eat fruit instead of sweets and crisps.

Eat fish at least twice a week and also have smoked salmon in bread for lunch etc. Allow one fish to be White and anothe an oily fish such as smoked Makeral.

Eat White meat such as chicken twice a week and red meat once a week. The body needs a fair mixture of foods to keep all the inside bits healthy.

The general diet in the West causes constipation while in the third world their diets produce a much looser stool

Good luck with the Gastrologist

BOB

• Posted

Thanks, yeah i have a trouble digesting red meat so i stay away from it and stick to mostly White meats, ground turkey and turkey sausage.

I do eat lots of rice and potatoes and some pasta.

I do need to incorporate fish though, been trying for awhile. I dont have many sweets at all, its mostly just whole foods. Only sweets I really have that I consider sweet are ritz crackers and yogurt.

Thanks for the luck, hopefully they tell me something good but I have a feeling either IBS or like you said change your diet.

• Posted

Has your doctor mentioned IBS? Have you tried a food diary?
    • Posted

Nothing about Ibs, even though that's what I'm thinking but yes I kept one for a couple weeks and I just noticed one week it didn't do it the next it did it, it was just kind of confusing to me so I stopped and i couldn't figure out a correlation

But I am gonna try and get more fruits and veggies in my diet cause in weeks before it seemed when I had more it was better, so many just try to be better about it. Also I started eating yogurt so hopefully that help too. And I exercise alot so that's always helped.

But it's never stopped me from school or work yes some days are uncomfortable but I make it, so I'm thinking it has alot to do with diet

• Posted

If it is IBS, sometimes food reactions vary.  One week a certain food will trigger symptoms but the next week the same food will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.