Weird sunburn.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I’m out in Palm Springs, CA. I’m British, so it’s been a while since I’ve been out in sun as piwerful as this. I was safe and wire factor 50 sun screen and spent less than an hour in the sun. When I went back inside, the sunburn was only on my chest and right shoulder, but was in the shape of all of what seemed to be my blood vessels on my chest. 10 minutes on and it seems to have subsided, however, the pattern is still there. Any ideas what this could be? This has never happened before and I usually tan just fine. Thanks. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Here is a picture of said sunburn. 
  • Posted

Hello. That doesn't look like sunburn to me, it's more like some sort of rash or hives? You say it is subsiding now? Whilst it doesn't look like a heat rash per se, it may have been something to do with the heat. If it happens again or remains visible it might be worth seeing a doctor?

• Posted

Hi, yes that makes a lot of sense. It completely disappeared about 15 minutes ago. It has been a very long time since I’ve been in UV levels like this, so a rash or hives is understandable. Thank you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.