Weird symptoms..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I'm feeling very worried. I have a small swollen spot on my forearm, near the crease of my arm. It hasn't grown in size etc. and I honestly believe that it is harmless swelling. However, over the past week, I have noticed odd things happening. I have had tension type headaches everyday, my body aches, especially my arms, wrists, and fingers, I feel naseous and everything is poppy and achy. I accidently popped my neck and noticed that half of my hand and pinky went numb.. It went away, but I have noticed that my arms feel heavy but also somewhat weak.. Not enough to make me stop what I'm doing or lift things, but it's noticeable.. I'm 21 and very scared.. My 1st cousin was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia when she was 21. She said she had a bunch of the same symptoms I am having now.. Has this happened to any of you?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lindsey,i was diagnosed about 7mths ago and every symptom you just listed i've had or currently have;down to the pea size lumps.I also have the sensation at times as if i'm walking in quicksand.Everything feels heavy and labored.What gives me comfort is that i've had all the tests and everything has come back fine.Its just one of the things we have to deal with.Your not alone.

• Posted

Hi Lindsey,

It may or may not be Fibro, but I really would advise that you see your GP and have some bloods taken.  That is always the first step and your symptoms could be something totally different.  Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Lindsey

Me and my daughter have it mine milder than hers.... she has had fibro since 15yrs old she is now 25... sounds exactly like fibro but get a doctor's advice....don't be scared I know easier said than done we tried so many different things as she had headaches everyday and +-2 migraines a week..... eventually found a low dose of Lyrics 75mg, trepiline at night and Low dose Cilift 20mg. changed her life.... stress aggrivates flare ups so depending on your personality A type are more prone to fibro.... you just go till you find what works and drink your magnesium an minerals...good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.