weird symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since February I have been having weird chest problems, sometimes my heart flutters, lots of palpitations, little skips and lots of aching between breasts and to the left. My chest always feels buzzy and I feel slightly dizzy. This lasts for a few days when goes, when it is at its worst I can feel my heart beating constantly no matter what I am doing, loud and strong in my ears. I also get flutters which make me cough and sometimes it feels like my heart has stopped and then restarted. Had lots of ECG's, an X Ray and blood test for heart attack, all negative apart from that I have the occasional extra heart beat which I am told is normal. I am seeing a cardiologist on 29th June to rule out anything sinister. I am menopausal 56 and although overweight walk daily so try to keep my heart active. I have GERD and have heard that both menopause and GERD can cause this, but not sure if I believe this just wanted to hear from anyone else with this as I am scared.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Have you been to a hospital with this?   How many doctors have examined you and suggested treatments?

If it happens again before the 29th call an ambulance and get into a major hospital so they can see it while its happening.    I dont know what its like where you are but in the big cities in australia if you rang for help with those symptoms they would have a special heart attack ambulance on its way to you as quick as they could.   It sounds like the GP has run out of ideas

Particularly the aching pain in the chest.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your prompt reply, sadly I have been to A&E so many times and the GP's and they find nothing. My heart was beating fast with palpitations whilst having ECG and they said it was nothing, my arms go numb and again they dismissed it, so lets hope 29th comes quickly. I have had several ECG's, blood test for heart attack and chest ray, this all started after virul tonsilitis followed by chest infection in January, all was well before this. Take care.
    • Posted

Good luck

It makes you wish for a broken leg or something simple doesn't it?

Cheers

Graham

• Posted

Don't get too upset, that won't help anything.  The drs. are right, menopause and

gerd can cause those symptoms.  I have had them myself, but I also had a heart

attack when I was 37 and another one when I was 43.  As far as I know my ecg

only showed st and t wave abnormalities.  I'm 61 now and have never had another

heart attack, but of course I also left my job which was very stressful, I delivered

mail for the US Postal Service.  I've been on disability now for close to 17 years,

but not because of the heart attacks, but because I also have a congenital heart

defect that I never knew I had.  You want to call for an ambulance though if you

have these symptoms again, because it may not be from your gerd.

• Posted

I was having problems with tight chest and it felt like my heart stopped and then gave a thump, I almost passed a few times, sorry not very descriptive.    Tests at A&E were ok, but the cardio requested a holter monitor and i kept it on for 3 days, this showed I had ventricular standstill and two weeks later I was fitted with a pacemaker. (that was 5 weeks ago now)

I am not suggesting for a minute this is the same as you so please dont worry, the point I am trying to make is the holter records the heart over time and can show up what the problem is.

My sister is going through the change and had a holter that showed up it was palpatations and put her mind at rest, the GP then put her on beta blockers.

I would suggest to ask your GP to get you wired up for a couple of days, they really need to look at the results over time not just the few seconds the ecg records.   Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.