Weird symptoms and no diagnosis. Help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Here is a Comprehensive Medical History

Long Term Symptoms (not sure if related) - Itchy rectum, anal area(Began early 2015) - Saw GI Dr. and he diagnosed Perianal Dermatitis.

Cracking/popping joints(always been prominent)- Mostly in knees/ankles, but pretty much all joints. Especially in morning.

Other than these, I get Bronchitis about once per year. I used to be an avid gym goer, traveled extensively, etc.

More recent Symptoms(where the trouble began)

November 2016 - Eye Floaters

Shortly after, brain fog began

December 2016 - Uveitis Diagnosis - treated with Prednisolone drops for months. Eventually got a steroid shot. 

Extensive bloodwork to rule out Autoimmune

During this time, also noticed an increase in brain fog and head pressure. Fullness in ears.

January 2017 - Severe Brain fog.

February 2017 - Went to a GP - Middle Ear fluid diagnosis - Prescribed Nasal decongestant(Flonase, pseudophedrine). This definitely helped, but did not fix everything.

March 2017 - Constant Brain fog, occasional derealization, trouble focusing/concentrating. Had once or twice where it felt like I was in a dream.

Panic attack at work

- Saw another GP (referred to him for internal medicine..)- he prescribed lexapro and strattera. Seemed to help but stopped strattera (not covered by insurance)

Allergy Dr. - Full allergy test on back (over 70 environmental antigens)- not allergic to anything. He prescribed more nasal decongestant. Said he could still see fluid behind my ear, like the gp did. 

Dentist - Ruled out TMJ

Rheumatologist - Ran additional Blood tests/urinalysis to rule out Autoimmune

Current Concerns and Symptoms

Brain Fog is not as bad as it was. However, it is still noticeable and hard to deal with, specifically when I try to focus on something.

My Left ear makes lots of crackle and pop noises when I move my jaw. I can also hear air escaping my ear when I move my jaw at times.

I am getting occasional ringing in the ear. Not always.

I am fatigued in the morning, regardless of how much sleep I get.

I feel generally weak and somewhat shaky. The last two times I tried to go extensive cardio I threw up. (Mind you, I havee been somewhat our of shape and with poor diet over the last 6 months)

I have developed a rash between buttocks (anytime I sit down or lay down, I seem to sweat down there) This has occured over the past couple of weeks. 

I have what seems to be swollen glands under chin(I believe these are salivary glands on each side)

My thoughts:

- Some sort of Deficiency? Ive been taking a multi vitamin and recently started taking zinc as well.

- ETD- the Ear thing has been cconsistent through all of this... Occasionally when I move it i will hear a loud pop which I assume is my TMJ(the joint, not the disorder)

- Hormone imbalance- Thyroid or something like that is possible, I guess. I feel like I fit the bill for Adrenal issues. The only symoptom missing from that is that I dont feel the urge to stay up late. I can fall asleep around 9 or 10 and sleep pretty well. 

Diabetes- This is certainly possible I guess.   

I am 26 years old, 6 ft tall, 197 pounds. 

I will post my lab work soon

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Scott

Despite the lack of response to allergy tests, I suspect a lot of those symptoms are caused by something(s) in your diet that your body doesn't like.  Take, for example, the itchy backside - I get that if I eat sweetcorn or any cornstarch product, also chilli, garlic or yeasty things.  The brain fog is often associated with a food reaction.  Worth checking out much more on this front.

James

• Posted

Great thoughts. I do eat an extensive amount of corn products. Ill look into that
  • Posted

I should also add that these symotoms manifested during a very stressful season of life. Within 2 months I bought a house, got married, graduated, started another degree, and started a new career. However, this was 6 months ago and symptoms are still present. They are less prominent, yet still present. 

The lexapro seemed to help, however, I think maybe it just helped to calm down my reactions to the symptoms. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.