Weird symptoms on vulva X2

Posted , 3 users are following.

(sorry if this particular convo appears two times, im not sure if it posted the other one)

but yes, so

recently (about a week ago) i noticed something happening on my vulva. it was like eczema, and most of it got better with hydrocortisone. but there was also these sore-like things that didnt get better and im really worried about them, does anyone have any idea what they are? im going to the doctors' asap!


1 like, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

  • Posted

    Looks like a rash. It could be contact dermatitis which is common, especially if the place wasn't properly moistourized. It could be a remaining scar resulted from the rash, especially if you kept scratching it.

    However, since you mentioned an eczema, it could be an yeast infection or genital herpes

    Yeast infections however should provide other symptoms such as itching, vaginal discharge or pain during sex. 

    Many conditions provide the same symptoms unfortunately so the best sure fire way to know is to be consulted by a specialist. Just get an appointment and keep us updated with your status. 

    Take care smile 


    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Thanks for the answer. I dont believe it is a yeast infection, because I have no other symptoms that would match. This scar thing can be very likely, because I've been scratching it without noticing. Also I think it's very likely that this rash came from pads

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      It might be a harmless rash. I have contact dermatitis on my face and only recently it's backing down and they start to resemble tiny scars. It's really unpleasant mainly because in my case, I've been scratching it away without even noticing. 

      Buy a prescription of moisteurizing cream or ointment and start applying. If it doesn't go away, check your doctor at any rate. 

      Just keep us updated on your situation. 

      Stay safe and take care smile 

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Just looking at the picture that looks similar to psoriasis or lichen sclerosis... A steroid ointment like the hydrocortisone you were using is the treatment for this also.... Keep applying that for now but don't apply too much or too often as steroid can thin the skin and vulval skin is already thin...

    It's good that you are going to the doctor that's the best thing for you to do, they may need to refer you to a gynaecologist or a dermatologist that specialises in vulval skin.

    It doesn't look like anything too serious or nasty. Try not to scratch or irritate the area.

    Good luck!

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      I just noticed you also mentioned you believe your pads caused you a problem... When you already suffer from a sensitive skin condition such as eczema normal pads can be very irritating to your skin as they have been bleached and have other chemicals in them also. I recommend using pads that are natural and made from 100% cotton such as natracare pads and a range called cottons from boots... They do tampons aswell if you like to use those.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up