Weird symptoms with Gastritis.

Posted , 5 users are following.

So i have mild/moderate bile reflux with bile gastritis. Its half way decently controlled but i can get sick at night 1 or twice a week/ every two weeks. Basically my symptoms are bloating, nausea, weakness in arms / legs, chills and fatigue, sometimes i feel a lump in my throat and sometimes i feel like theres a brick near my bladder, like there is stool just sitting there. My triggers are tomato based foods, ie, pizza sauce, pasta sauce, katshup ect., drinking soda right after dinner (i can drink it about an hour or so later) or drinking water right after dinner (usually drink vitamin water) and A1 SauceSo far thats what i have, that and over eating. at first my doc thought maybe gastroparesis after a positive Gastric empty study, but he amended it after re-evaluating my symptoms and eating habits. not to mention that i had the stomach flu the whole week i had my GES done. He and i both think false positive.so today i was eating fried rice, something i have eaten before and had no issues. I started to get bloated and eventually felt good enough to eat dinner about 6 hours later (just a grilled cheese). the only thing i can think of was maybe i drank too much vitamin water right after i ate lunch. im just wondering if anyone had something like this? I had a pair of pop tarts for breakfast and felt fine. I was hungry before lunch.How long does your gerd last? What makes it better?For me, which is weird, anything that makes my insides move around and forces me to pass gas. Prunes, prune juice, lactulose will make my intestines gurgle and then id pass a ton of gas, making me feel better. I was always diagnosed with IBS-C and use the lactulose to go to the bathroom. Usually the day after i take my lactulose i am usually fine and can eat. Between 2008 and 2013 i had a hand full of times where i would get these symptoms for a couple weeks and then it would go away. But early 2014 it stuck around and i lost 40 lbs since then. Iv been through a ton of tests. I was taking 240mg of verapamil ER (since 2008) but i was given a lower dose as of a month ago because my GI thinks it could be causing my issues.

So what it boils down to is, is it gastritis thats causing my issues or could it be the anxiety tied with it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi kyomagi

Get your self tested for HPylori a small stomach bacteria that can cause most of the symptoms you mentioned. It can be done via breath test or stool test and if it is a positive test it can be treated with antibiotics.......best wishes....

• Posted

Thanks, i had been tested before and it was negative, i was tested a month or two ago.  i also was tested when i had my upper endo, negative there too. 
  • Posted

Hi Kyomagi

Gastritis especially bile induced is what probably causing your symptoms. If bile is in the stomach a lot , food takes longer for stomach to empty thus feeling bloated, nauseated and sick overall. Stress makes more bile so feeling calmer is best. 

• Posted

Thank you so much!  Someone actually mentioned to me low stomach acid.  Could low stomach acid that leads to constipation lead to bile reflux?  When i have gone to the er with these symptoms at first iv been told i was totally constipated from top to bottom

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.