Weird tender spot in back??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For over a week now I have had a weird issue with my back, I wouldn’t call it pain exactly... almost feels like a lump in my back but I can’t actually feel anything when I touch it... it’s almost a numbing feeling.. 

It’s a very local spot right under my left shoulder blade about 3 inches from my spine... 

Anyone know what this is? Could it just be a pulled muscle or something els? It tends to get worse throughout the day and can’t really be helped with heat or cold or drugs... 

Any advice would be great. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,

Is your lump hard and bony feeling?  I have one that’s at the left hand side of my back that gives me the feeling you describe when I wiggle it, almost a numb or tingly feeling.  I had a chest x Ray which came up clear and a physio told me it’s the end of my floating rib and it’s been caused by the tendon twisting around.  Not sure whether that’s the case or not but mine popped out so to speak when I was doing upright rows with a kettlebell.  I originally thought it was a bone spur because it sometimes hurts when I’m lieing down and have pressure on it.  Not sure if that helps you any or not but if you’re at all worried I would get it checked out.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.