Weird thoughts

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sometimes when I'm not doing anything I get these weird thoughts like for example I wonder if I'm the only person who really has a conscious on earth, like everyone else is not real and I'm the only really person. I have been suffering dp/dr so it may be that but it freaks me out to think about. Can anyone recommend a way to let these thoughts go? Also has anyone else ever had this kind of thought before?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've had these thoughts many times. i've also had thoughts like "what if we never existed? what if earth never existed? what would everything be like?" have you thought of those things too? It freaks me out when i do get those thoughts but they eventually go away when i distract myself. So try distracting yourself with anything and keep yourself occupied. Video games have helped me a lot with my anxiety and I recentley bought myself an XboxOne, so far it's helped me so much 
    • Posted

Ditto and yes I've had a lot if these thoughts they're terrible lol. Congrats on the Xbox , parents said if I can go two months no anxiety they'll get me a ps4 and I'm trying hard lol.
    • Posted

Trust me stuff like video games help! Especially campaign games. They distract me so much haha. But keep it up and you'll get an Xbox or ps4! What games do you like?
    • Posted

As we're speaking I'm playing an mmorpg called runescape but I love counter strike global offensive or call of duty mostly fps's
    • Posted

Oh same here! Big call of duty fan. But I like horror games and FPSs like resident evil and metal gear solid, in pretty excited about the new one coming out. As of right now I'm playing The Last of Us on PS3
    • Posted

Daniel,

I'm exactly like you. I have those thoughts CONSTANTLY. And it scares. The anxiety that stems from it can cause chain reactions that trap me in my own mind sometimes haha.

Video games help a ton. I'm also an avid Runescape Player. My username is Strike Man09. Add me if you want to play some time smile

• Posted

These sound like the sort of thoughts I sometimes get.  I think its normal, after all we don't know the anwers to these questions.  It can be scarey, well, I find it scarey, but I think of all the Science fiction writing, the writters must have been thinking along some strange lines.  I think you'r right to distract yourself if you want them to go away, too much thought about things that scare you might not be good.
    • Posted

I agree with you too, glad I'm not the only one. I like to know the answers to the questions I have so its hard for me to just accept that I won't know. Oh well.
  • Posted

Unfortunately sometimes we think weird things. I was wondering what it would be like if the Moon was really an egg the other day. That is the danger of thinking when you have nothing specific to think about.

There is nothing we can do to simply stop you thinking. However, if these thoughts are becoming intrusive and affecting your life, seeing your GP might be a good bet, there may be some antidepressants that can help. But I honestly wouldn't worry just because you think weird stuff from time to time, we all do. Are you still able to concentrate when you need to? These thoughts don't happen while you are, say, preparing a meal and be so intense they stop you from making that meal? You should only seek help if they are affecting your life negatively.

If they concern you, but not enough to go to the doctors, then distraction techniques are best. Basically, doing anything engaging. Do something that requires a little concentration. I hope this help? xxx

• Posted

I'm seeing a therapist but do not conflict with living they just bother and annoy me and sometimes add to the anxiety .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.