weird tingling headache on one side

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi! So for a while I've been getting these weird headaches; typically on the right side of my head. It usually shifts from the back to the temple; it can be described as a slightly tingly feeling. My doctor says they're due to anxiety and tension. Is anyone else getting the same?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What is a while?  If this occurs as a constant, long term problem, you are experiencing what my neurologist called Hemicrania Continua, a one-sided headache that doesnt go away.  If symptoms are temporarily alleviated by anti-inflammatory drugs, that pretty much clinches the diagnosis.  I used Celebrex for 10 years and was able to control the pain with the occasional assistance of tylenol.  The long term use of nsaids is not ideal, though, and in my case, led to (exacerbated?)ulcerative colitis, and they made me stop.  Tylenol covered the pain for a few hours at a time, but i was miserable.  Interestingly, the large dose of prednisone, prescribed for the colitis (40 mg for 4 months), eventually knocked the headache out completely.  It hasnt returned.
  • Posted

Hi, I get the same thing on my right side sometimes with a headache or just on its own. It also causes the same thing in my arm and sometimes leg. Doctor says its a migraine, but there isn't always pain. I also suffer from anxiety so may be that. Seeing a neurologist in June for their opinion.
    • Posted

I regularly get tingling in my arms and around the face too, and shaky legs. Usually migraines are a throbbing pain, I've had those in the past but not anyomore. I think it is anxiety in my case cos I'm suffering other symptoms and feel tired all the time.
    • Posted

I get it a lot sometimes it lasts for days. I don't loose any sensation it's just a strange feeling but it doesn't hurt. My doctor thinks it's like a migraine without the headache but like you say I think it's anxiety related. I do see a chiropractor she works on my neck and it feels better for a while maybe releases the tension.
    • Posted

I have the same symptoms it is the tingling around my face that freaks me out because I fear it might be something more severe
  • Posted

I get the same they freak me out the doctor told me the same thing but I'm scared it might be something serious

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.