Weird tingling/numbness on my left side

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello!

I have been experiencing weird tingling/numbness on my head's left side. I frankly don't know how to describe this feeling I am having but I suppose these words describe it the best. I have been struggling with this weird feeling for quite a few years now but I never paid big attention to it because it was insignificant. Lately the tingliness has increased and is more severe. I usually don't have problems with this feeling but it is hard to fall asleep because I am forced to sleep on my left side. The reason why I have to sleep on the left side is because if I do so, I do not feel it. I can sleep on my right side but only if I put my other hand on my head. Essentially I have to cover the area on my head that has this weird feeling. Now that I experience it more I am very concerned about it. I have no idea what it is related to? I read some related topics but I couldn't find anything that would describe my problem the best. Some say it could be related to anxiety and stress but I don't think that is the case. I have never had a doctor appointment towards this matter. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'd see your doctor first I.know anxiety can cause some very strange sensations and pain but get a medical opinion first to put your mind at rest you my be sent for tests xxxxx

• Posted

Which doctor should I visit? I have absolutely no idea. 
    • Posted

I think your main doctor at your surgery first then he or she could refer you to whoever they think you need to see. Or your doctor could send you for a ct or mri scan and then take it from there xcxxx
  • Posted

I think you might be developing a tumour pressure build up in the brain could cause that I suggest an immediate ct scan don’t put it off until it’s too late hope you get it resolved soon and it is just anxiety 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.